Youth Wrestling Club

Started by coleman, November 18, 2014, 06:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coleman

My girlfriends son has shown some interest in wrestling and I'm looking for a place to get him started this year. I'm looking to see what my options are in Green Bay. He is in fifth grade and lives on the East side. Green Bay East will be his school when he gets to high school if that makes a difference. Any help woul be greatly appreciated.
To be the man you have to beat the man!!!!

bulldog

My opinion...if he is showing interest at this point I would check with the school and see what they have for an after school or youth club program. There are great clubs in that area but they are usually filled with seasoned wrestlers and it sounds like he needs to learn the basics yet. For a while Jerry Irmick was handling the youth program for Green Bay East but I am not sure if he is still involved. If he is...you would have a great guy introducing him into wrestling. Otherwise you also have Rob Lee with Fox Valley Elite right down the road in Kaukauna.

coleman

Exactly, I'm just trying to figure what the school club is and who to get ahold of as there is no information available at his elementary school in regards to wrestling.

tjtoad71

http://www.greenbay.k12.wi.us/hs/east/Activities/Boys-Athletics/Pages/Wrestling.aspx

try that link to East HS Wrestling and contact them about the youth club info...I am sure they can get you in touch with the right people>

bulldog

coleman...send me a PM...I may have Jerry's contact info and I could shoot it over to you. He is a great guy. Now the question is...with a "handle" like "coleman" are you up in the Coleman area? They have built a heck of a program and that would be a great place for a wrestler to learn.

coleman

I got ahold of the guy from the Preble Youth wrestling club and sounds like the right route to go. And yes originally from Coleman, thus having to seek out information about youth wrestling is new to me. It's just kind of engrained in your head in that neck of the woods.