D3 state champ picks

Started by atrain, January 16, 2020, 12:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingfan1

And I dont think many people will be able to hang with that 285 from stratford... kids a legit 285

DarkKnight

Did he sign to play D1 football somewhere??

handsandtoes

They say 6 minutes of wrestling is tougher then playing any other sport. A week or 2 is not a lot of time to "get into wrestling shape" and get a feel back for something you have not done in 5 or 6 years. Especially something as tough as wrestling. With that being said he is a great kid with a great family and great school. I wish him nothing but the best. Besides these 2 there are some very good hwt wrestlers across the state. And I for 1 am excited to get it going.

wrestlingfan1

Quote from: DarkKnight on January 28, 2020, 04:13:42 PM

Yes, signed to North Dakota and many people will recognize the last name

DarkKnight

Quote from: wrestlingfan1 on January 29, 2020, 07:49:53 AM
Quote from: DarkKnight on January 28, 2020, 04:13:42 PM

Yes, signed to North Dakota and many people will recognize the last name

Nice. I know he was a very skilled 8th grade wrestler. i understand why he didn't join the wrestling team once he hit high school. Stratford had quite the football team this past year.

Houndhead

Are we talking about Easton Kilty?

kpugh8680

Quote from: Houndhead on January 29, 2020, 09:00:16 AM

I believe Stratford is at Edgar tomorrow night, Easton Kilty will likely not have a match, since Edgar does not have a heavy.  That means Easton Kilty's first match will be this weekend at the Marawood Conference tournament at Chequamegon.    D3 #8 Parker Renken will be there, all the conversation will be solved then, we will see if Easton Kilty will be a force at heavy or if he will just be a filler for the team.  Until then the banter is entertaining but really pointless. 

wrestlingfan1

Quote from: kpugh8680 on January 29, 2020, 09:25:06 AM

I believe Stratford is at Edgar tomorrow night, Easton Kilty will likely not have a match, since Edgar does not have a heavy.  That means Easton Kilty's first match will be this weekend at the Marawood Conference tournament at Chequamegon.    D3 #8 Parker Renken will be there, all the conversation will be solved then, we will see if Easton Kilty will be a force at heavy or if he will just be a filler for the team.  Until then the banter is entertaining but really pointless.

Yes we are talking about him. I don't think he will be just a "filler" he will be a legit contender for state. He is as strong as an ox and he will be able to move people with ease. It will be hard to do much against him. He was an excellent wrestler growing up and wrestling isn't just something you forget to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see him roll through conference with ease.. Just my opinion

phennimorefenom

sorry wrestlingfan1 but i knew alot of excellent wrestlers growing up.  not all of them make it in high school.  the time missed in high school up to now will show. im still leaning towards gaffey or the markesan kid because hes a senior

sled77

Quote from: kpugh8680 on January 29, 2020, 09:25:06 AM

What if Heil wrestles at 285 for the Startford dual?  Would be interesting.

missinghome

I'm with wrestling1 fan here. If you look up track wrestling it has been a long time since he wrestled. Maybe if he would have had the whole year to get back at it, but 1 week? I hope it works because the mats will be full of big football players next year. But I think you're asking for a lot here. If he hadn't played football since 6th grade and came out 1 week before the end of his senior year I'm guessing he's not gonna get on the field very much either. I know we had a kid who won Fargo a few times but quit in 7th grade came back out as a junior and I'm not sure he finished 500. Does anyone know has it ever happened? Even coming out for the whole year I don't know of anyone ever winning state or even making  it.

shouldvewrestled

Dennis Schutz Ellsworth a few years back. Quit after his freshman year. Came back out mid January his senior year and won state title. Kinda similar situation but not as many years off.

padre

Quote from: missinghome on January 29, 2020, 05:10:05 PM
I'm with wrestling1 fan here. If you look up track wrestling it has been a long time since he wrestled. Maybe if he would have had the whole year to get back at it, but 1 week? I hope it works because the mats will be full of big football players next year. But I think you're asking for a lot here. If he hadn't played football since 6th grade and came out 1 week before the end of his senior year I'm guessing he's not gonna get on the field very much either. I know we had a kid who won Fargo a few times but quit in 7th grade came back out as a junior and I'm not sure he finished 500. Does anyone know has it ever happened? Even coming out for the whole year I don't know of anyone ever winning state or even making  it.

What weight are you talking the kid came back?  285 much different than the lower weights.  I know he signed on to play college football and is going to be a big boy to move.  I don't think skill will Have  a lot to do with it as he was highly skilled growing up and knows the sport well.  Now when it comes down to the lungs for 6 minutes I think that's something we will have to find out.  Rough problem to have for Stratford 😂😂

wrestlingfan1

Quote from: padre on January 29, 2020, 11:49:55 PM

What weight are you talking the kid came back?  285 much different than the lower weights.  I know he signed on to play college football and is going to be a big boy to move.  I don't think skill will Have  a lot to do with it as he was highly skilled growing up and knows the sport well.  Now when it comes down to the lungs for 6 minutes I think that's something we will have to find out.  Rough problem to have for Stratford 😂😂

All I'm saying is 285 is a very different weight that all the lower weights.. Its a different style of wrestling. I just look at the state champ last year, Schoenherr, had a bad shoulder and a kneecap that kept dislocating, and at 235 lbs, won the state title. I think with a kid his size and the strength that he has out matches a lot of these top wrestlers when sometimes size and strength come into play. That is why we talk on here and they wrestle on the mat to prove us right or wrong! IMO he has a legit shot...

ramjet

Quote from: wrestlingfan1 on January 30, 2020, 07:47:02 AM
Quote from: padre on January 29, 2020, 11:49:55 PM

All I'm saying is 285 is a very different weight that all the lower weights.. Its a different style of wrestling. I just look at the state champ last year, Schoenherr, had a bad shoulder and a kneecap that kept dislocating, and at 235 lbs, won the state title. I think with a kid his size and the strength that he has out matches a lot of these top wrestlers when sometimes size and strength come into play. That is why we talk on here and they wrestle on the mat to prove us right or wrong! IMO he has a legit shot...

Anyone who steps on the mat has a shot. That's why they wrestle the matches ..... ;D
Strength and conditioning are key factors in wrestling as is wrestling savvy. If the young man brings all three he has as much shot as anyone for sure. Things are starting to heat up and wrestling is fun this time of year..💪