Open Records law for WIAA

Started by Handles II, February 11, 2016, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with forcing the WIAA to have open records?

Yes
63 (91.3%)
No
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: February 16, 2016, 01:49:21 PM

imnofish

Quote from: MNbadger on February 19, 2016, 11:41:07 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 19, 2016, 11:18:00 AM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 19, 2016, 09:02:09 AM
I hate politics when legislators are hypocrites like this.

The same legislators fighting for the WIAA to have open records fought for the parochial schools to remain private and not have to follow open records laws and yet they are getting public taxpayer money through vouchers.

For the record, I am in favor for open records laws on all including non-profits, etc.  Just don't see the harm in transparency.  First group that needs more transparency is private schools.
[/color]

I get your point.

I was thinking of the lack of consistency in expectations in regard to WI government.

Yep.  That, too...
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on February 19, 2016, 07:34:15 PM

The same legislators fighting for the WIAA to have open records fought for the parochial schools to remain private and not have to follow open records laws and yet they are getting public taxpayer money through vouchers.

For the record, I am in favor for open records laws on all including non-profits, etc.  Just don't see the harm in transparency.  First group that needs more transparency is private schools.
[/color]

I get your point.

I was thinking of the lack of consistency in expectations in regard to WI government.

Yep.  That, too...

OH stop MNBadger worry about MN politics not Wisconsin's. Fish stop the WIAA brought this on themselves they got arrogant and it backfired.

Woody do not take this personal. If an organization like the WIAA engages in setting or legislating they will attract the wrong kind of attention that's what happened here. There are still options for closed session in certain circumstances. So stop,with the scare tactics the identity of minors will be protected as they should be.

Ghetto

The WIAA brought this on themselves...

I've heard that line somewhere before.  ???

I bet this thread is super boring.

Thank the lawd that tomorrow is the best day of the year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

Quote from: ramjet on February 19, 2016, 08:02:15 PM

[/color]

I get your point.

Yep.  That, too...

OH stop MNBadger worry about MN politics not Wisconsin's. Fish stop the WIAA brought this on themselves they got arrogant and it backfired.

Woody do not take this personal. If an organization like the WIAA engages in setting or legislating they will attract the wrong kind of attention that's what happened here. There are still options for closed session in certain circumstances. So stop,with the scare tactics the identity of minors will be protected as they should be.
One would think it would be more important to have transparency in state government than high school sports.  Strange that these two things are flipped for many.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

[/color]

I get your point.

Yep.  That, too...

Ram, it's okay to note hypocrisy.  Have a great day at Sectionals.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on February 20, 2016, 07:44:04 AM

[/color]

I get your point.

Yep.  That, too...

I will thoroughly enjoy it today no skin in the game so to speak. I will also cheer very loud when I see some good competitive wrestling. You do the same.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on February 20, 2016, 08:18:10 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 20, 2016, 07:44:04 AM

[/color]

I get your point.

Yep.  That, too...

I will thoroughly enjoy it today no skin in the game so to speak. I will also cheer very loud when I see some good competitive wrestling. You do the same.

Yes, it's fun to watch wrestling, purely as a fan.  I occasionally help out at our practices, so I will still be pulling extra hard for our guys.  Looking forward to seeing lots of great wrestling at Osceola today!