Upsets

Started by HULK, December 05, 2015, 05:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastnfurious

Quote from: Rat on December 12, 2015, 07:43:58 PM
Fjoser pinning Nutter today

Can anyone who saw this match share what happened?

HULK

Anthony Kanable, the same guy who beat Nutter last weekend, lost to Derek Marten from Stratford 8-4.. is Kanable just a streaky wrestler or what?

padre

Quote from: HULK on December 13, 2015, 09:43:52 AM
Anthony Kanable, the same guy who beat Nutter last weekend, lost to Derek Marten from Stratford 8-4.. is Kanable just a streaky wrestler or what?

Marten is the real deal as a frosh. No doubt will have a great chance to make the podium in February

LKing

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but as long as we are talking about marten of Stratford, what is the situation with Anthony Gliniecki?  Perhaps a football injury?  Just not going out this year?  I was always impressed with his wrestling ability and hope he returns.  I expected him to be in that 132 to 138 zone this year.  His return would make Stratford even more impossible to deal with.

bigdawg

I don't think glinecki is good enough to get a spot in the line up right now

DarkKnight

Quote from: HULK on December 13, 2015, 09:43:52 AM

I would assume Kanable is streaky. Nutter had a bad match against Kanable. Marten had a great match against Kanable. I think Nutter would take Marten, but this is only my opinion, which of course could be entirely wrong. Marten could prove me wrong and give Stratford another state champ.

An upset is Mineral Point over Spring Valley in the D3 land. Mineral Point seems ready to get back to Team State. Spring Valley is without Hurlburt ( I don't know how long he is out), but MP still won 40-22, so it didn't matter. Mineral Point is pretty tough. If Boyceville gets completely healthy they will give Spring Valley a pretty darn good match as well.

El Conquistador

To me, it did not look like Nutter had a bad match against Knable.  Knable wrestled smart, wore him down and had more gas in the tank than Nutter did at the end of the match.  Martin is also a good wrestler but his style is much different than Nutters and looks like it gives Knable trouble.  His style will give a lot of wrestlers trouble.

TILTS4LYFE

Not really an upset but has anyone heard the rumor that Johnson from Boycville was DQ'd for the year? Thought that it was odd to hear that..

HMsDad

Quote from: TILTS4LYFE on December 15, 2015, 07:58:24 AM
Not really an upset but has anyone heard the rumor that Johnson from Boycville was DQ'd for the year? Thought that it was odd to hear that..
Trying to stir something up here are you?

DarkKnight

Quote from: HMsDad on December 15, 2015, 08:54:58 AM
Quote from: TILTS4LYFE on December 15, 2015, 07:58:24 AM
Trying to stir something up here are you?

haha, I think he was asking an honest question. Why isn't Micah wrestling? he was plagued last year by injury, it would be sad to see him plagued again by more bad luck.

DarkKnight

Quote from: El Conquistador on December 13, 2015, 08:51:41 PM
To me, it did not look like Nutter had a bad match against Knable.  Knable wrestled smart, wore him down and had more gas in the tank than Nutter did at the end of the match.  Martin is also a good wrestler but his style is much different than Nutters and looks like it gives Knable trouble.  His style will give a lot of wrestlers trouble.

Marten is very good no doubt. I have no doubt he will win at least one state title before he graduates.

Big Holiday tournaments will be very telling as many top wrestlers bump heads!

atrain

We'll learn a lot about who's legit at Bi-State and OTW.. should be some great matchups across the board

HULK

I'm curious to see how Macy Kilty fairs at Bi-State. I think she has the tools to win it all imo

DarkKnight

Quote from: HULK on December 15, 2015, 11:12:41 AM
I'm curious to see how Macy Kilty fairs at Bi-State. I think she has the tools to win it all imo

LC has a tough freshman Bosman who will give her a pretty darn good match. I cant decide who is better... they'll settle in on the mat.

I am not familiar with other 106 lbers that will be there, but I assume there will be other top 106 lbers there, but Bosman and Kilty are the top 2 that come to mind.

M-Town Fan

Kalyn Jahn from Holmen beat Casey Curran from Tomah 10-4 tonight and took out Preston Ernst from Waunakee 11-2 last Saturday at the Warrior Invite. He's only a freshman but look for him to make a lot of noise this year.