State Finals 170

Started by MarkK, February 28, 2015, 07:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

You know how to ruin a great youth and high school sports or matches? Just add adults! Great job by both wrestlers.

Quack

Quote from: head57 on March 02, 2015, 06:38:06 AM
Quote from: nutters55 on March 02, 2015, 12:21:49 AM
Well the only chance the Merill kid had was to work for the stalling calls.  He knew he wasn't going to turn him again, and he wasn't cutting him to go for the take down.  He worked for stalling and succeeded, regardless of time between calls or time left in the match.  It was an interesting strategy and it worked.  Congrats.

Do you think the stalling calls were legit? The fact that they tied up the match is irrelevant. The bottom wrestler not staying active is going to limit what the man on top can do. Top man shouldn't have to cut a guy to get him to move.
Cant you say the same of the reverse?
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

ramjet

Well the only chance the Merill kid had was to work for the stalling calls.  He knew he wasn't going to turn him again, and he wasn't cutting him to go for the take down.  He worked for stalling and succeeded, regardless of time between calls or time left in the match.  It was an interesting strategy and it worked.  Congrats.

How in the heck does the top wrestler "work" for a stalling call?

jaguarwrestler

imo neither wrestler was doing much, top guy was holding him down with mostly a parallel ride, not really breaking him down and working for a pin and bottom guy wasn't doing enough to get out, or make it look like he was trying too.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

nutters55

Quote from: ramjet on March 02, 2015, 07:12:34 AM

How in the heck does the top wrestler "work" for a stalling call?
Ok, if the ref doesn't call stalling how doe MR when that match?  He doesn't, he got the first stalling with less than a minute left in the match, usually when a kid is down by one and is in top position most coaches tell their wrestlers to go for the takedown to tie the match, but once that stalling came MR's best chance to win that match or tie the match would be from a second stalling call, not a take down or near fall.  He rode tough, Breske hung his head and the ref hit him with another stalling to tie the match. 
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

crossface49

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 02, 2015, 07:14:46 AM
imo neither wrestler was doing much, top guy was holding him down with mostly a parallel ride, not really breaking him down and working for a pin and bottom guy wasn't doing enough to get out, or make it look like he was trying too.
A spiral ride is not parallel.

Quack

Quote from: crossface49 on March 02, 2015, 07:28:57 AM
If it is ride is he trying to turn, or just hanging out?

jaguarwrestler

it is also not a ride to break someone down and turn them, it seems to be to stop them from being able to get away... but not really working for a pin with it, at least not on Saturday night. I'm fine with the call of stalling, I knew if it went into the 30's  in OT that Mason was the favorite with that ride.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

crossface49

Quote from: Quack on March 02, 2015, 07:32:54 AM
You are not required to turn a defensive wrestler until he is broke down.

Quack

Quote from: crossface49 on March 02, 2015, 08:04:35 AM
Wow, this is news to me. I am gonna start teaching my kids to just ride, and not to break them down so they don't have to turn them. And when a ref calls stalling I will bring up your post to prove them wrong... :o ;D

crossface49

Quote from: Quack on March 02, 2015, 08:07:25 AM
Wow, this is news to me. I am gonna start teaching my kids to just ride, and not to break them down so they don't have to turn them. And when a ref calls stalling I will bring up your post to prove them wrong... :o ;D
Your title "Quack" says it all!! A spiral ride is a break down. Breske stayed statuesque with his head on the mat to prevent a breakdown. No attempt to peel the hand, no attempt to stand, no attempt to sit.

maggie

rammys is correct, ha Nut, did you really say that.. "he knew he wasn't going to turn him again"   :o  :o  :o... Kidding right?... well, maybe ya better ask Mr. Breake about that, what in that mind of yours would ever make you believe or think that he would have not try to turn him again?.. :o..your darn right he would have!..HE WAS TRYING! Look, he was there just as Mr Breske was, to win the match...as far as working for a stalling call, i never heard such a stupid statement... ::)....bottom line is, a stalling call is made for 1 of 3 reasons, the wrestler in question is either, 1- trying to hold out for the win, 2- is simply to tired to go hard and has to rest for a while to gather himself or the other wrestler has out wrestled him and has beaten him to the point that he just can't go anymore...you make the call...either way, it was one of the best matches i have ever seen at that state meet...good luck to both and i hope to seen them both going at it in the Badger wrestling room soon!...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Quack

Quote from: crossface49 on March 02, 2015, 08:12:50 AM
Quote from: Quack on March 02, 2015, 08:07:25 AM
Your title "Quack" says it all!! A spiral ride is a break down. Breske stayed statuesque with his head on the mat to prevent a breakdown. No attempt to peel the hand, no attempt to stand, no attempt to sit.
And no attempt by MR to switch to a different break down. Hey, so you know I have no horse in this race, but I think a double stall call would have been better. But it sure is nice we all have something to chat about.     

P.S. Quack is not just a name on here, it is also the first 5 letters in my last name. Plus it is what everyone calls me. I love meeting people on here and finding out where their names come from

maggie

quack, In all due respect, you say you have no horse in the race, but from your posts, you seem to lean to one side of this..just an observation ...why switch to a differ break down when the one your using is worked and has worked? after all, he was losing and with that said, he must have been was working for a pin to win...right?...crossface laid all out to ya....and his observation was the exactly one we all seen...it is what it is....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Quack

Quote from: maggie on March 02, 2015, 10:38:34 AM
quack, In all due respect, you say you have no horse in the race, but from your posts, you seem to lean to one side of this..just an observation ...why switch to a differ break down when the one your using is worked and has worked? after all, he was losing and with that said, he must have been was working for a pin to win...right?...crossface laid all out to ya....and his observation was the exactly one we all seen...it is what it is....

Maggie, I had no horse in the race, my two were working the floor, not wrestling down there. Yes I would have liked to see Beau win and be a 3 timer, but I also am very happy for Mason he has been close a couple times. I thought it was a great match! I do think that I would have called a double stall call. But it is what it is. Like I said, I am glad it gives us something to talk about.