State Finals 170

Started by MarkK, February 28, 2015, 07:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skincondition

I obviously didn't have the best view from the bleachers, but I didn't think his shoulders were past 45 to meet nearfall criteria.  If he was I didn't think it was there for two seconds.  Just my opinion from the bleachers, which I know doesn't count for much.

ramjet

Maggie really what does it matter? This was a great compitition match between to determined talented wrestlers.

As far as Breske and Sportsmanship I have never seen anything different from him at any time we have seen him wrestle or compete.

I hope the Badgers land both of them.

TripletDad

Great match by two great wrestlers.  2 takedowns versus escapes and stall calls.  Credit to Mason for hanging in a match that he didn't score an offensive point.  Great doubles by Beau.  I bet Breske wins 9 out of 10.  Great sportsmanship Beau!

nutters55

I thought the two stalling calls in the last 25 seconds of the match we're make up calls on the part of the ref for missing the near fall on the tilt.  Poor reffing in that match all away around. Considering Reinhardt had no offensive points the entire match that the point to push overtime was stalling was unbelievable.

failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

woody53

Quote from: nutters55 on March 01, 2015, 04:12:53 PM
I thought the two stalling calls in the last 25 seconds of the match we're make up calls on the part of the ref for missing the near fall on the tilt.  Poor reffing in that match all away around. Considering Reinhardt had no offensive points the entire match that the point to push overtime was stalling was unbelievable.

Your opinion and respected, but goes beyond what you saw.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Saul Hudson

It was more like the last 45 seconds of the match.  The ref did miss the near fall call but I agree with the stalling calls.  Breske was sitting on bottom as if it was a freestyle match.

Omaplata

Quote from: Saul Hudson on March 01, 2015, 04:52:52 PM

It was more like the last 45 seconds of the match.  The ref did miss the near fall call but I agree with the stalling calls.  Breske was sitting on bottom as if it was a freestyle match.

Reinhardt wasn't doing much on top either. Should have been a double stalling call if anything at all

Roo

No nearfall points seemed to be the correct call. Breske was not supported by his head or arms/elbows...in that case his back needs to be within 4" of the mat and it was nowhere near from from my vantage point 200 feet away. Great match by two good people.

maggie

rammy, go away and clam up will ya... :)....nutter, your eyes are brown, it was one of the best ref'ed matches i seen up there this weekend! and everyone else for that matter, you my friend, have a case of the ....SOUR GRAPES......as the 2 announcers, who know wrestling a heck of a lot better than you said, i don't like stalling calls, but i agree with that one!...ya also have your time all screwed up,if anything,  the ref gave him more time than most would have ever given him after that first call...i do know that...I saw as we all did, one of the best matches in the history of that tournament...and all you can say is, IT WAS POOR REFFING... ::)....eat you grapes!
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Don't agree with Maggie a lot but he is right. sounds like sour grapes. Both guys are studs and have bright futures. Gotta give Mason credit for riding the horse the whole period and OT

maggie

wasn't that something...heck of a ride...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

nutters55

Sour grapes? I could have cared less who won that match. I saw what I saw. Sometimes I struggle with how Folk style is refereeed and the basic principles of the style of wrestling when a kid doesn't score an offensive point and still wins the match.  He did a great job on the ride out and maintaining top control and deserves the win.  

head57

Well, stalling is something of a subjective call, but you didn't actually see what you saw. Breske was dinged the first time with something like 47 seconds left. Plenty of time for another legitimate stalling call to be made if a kid continues to wrestle with his head on the mat.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

nutters55

Well the only chance the Merill kid had was to work for the stalling calls.  He knew he wasn't going to turn him again, and he wasn't cutting him to go for the take down.  He worked for stalling and succeeded, regardless of time between calls or time left in the match.  It was an interesting strategy and it worked.  Congrats.

head57

Quote from: nutters55 on March 02, 2015, 12:21:49 AM
Well the only chance the Merill kid had was to work for the stalling calls.  He knew he wasn't going to turn him again, and he wasn't cutting him to go for the take down.  He worked for stalling and succeeded, regardless of time between calls or time left in the match.  It was an interesting strategy and it worked.  Congrats.

Do you think the stalling calls were legit? The fact that they tied up the match is irrelevant. The bottom wrestler not staying active is going to limit what the man on top can do. Top man shouldn't have to cut a guy to get him to move.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!