Predict Team State-All Three Divisions

Started by Firstinline, March 06, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneider

Quote from: bulldog90 on March 09, 2014, 09:20:55 AM
Watching Jens or Brock wrestle is exciting. The whole team concept just doesn't and most posters don't seem to care either. More talk about computer projections than wrestling. Noone else wants to say it. State was done last week go hit some fs.

The difference is that team state has such a small number of teams participating compared to individual state, so naturally there aren't going to be as many people posting about it. That has nothing to do with the quality of the event. The Random Lake vs Coleman dual was probably the best dual I've ever watched, and while there's little talk of it on here it's something that both teams and their fans are going to remember for a very long time.. and it wasn't even the final.

bigG

I didn't see it. I know what you're talking about, though. Two teams gut-checking is a great thing to behold. That's how wrestling make brothers out of these guys (and sisters out of the gals). Y'all beat each other down so often, you believe in one another. That's what I love about team state. When you get a tight dual, you bring out the animal in everybody. Quality time.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

thequad

Looks like D2 could be wide open next season. I don't know who to favor in the NE.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

thequad

It's so great to see the love for the sport these guys build and the friendships with each other. It just gives you such a good feeling for the sport.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

PCA

Alright ! We get it, Ellsworth is a great program, you cannot count them out until someone takes them down. Yes, they will be the favorite to go to team state Again! They have a lot of talented wrestlers and cannot overlook those young men.

woody53

PCA, don't know who that is directed to, but all the D2 teams have "some" rebuilding to do. That is what makes it fun. Evansville /Albany is very young. Wittenberg made a big jump. Pewaukee has started a great tradition and they could be back. Ellsworth? Chad and Jack (sorry I do not know the other coaches by first names) have a great handle on their wrestlers. I really look forward to who steps it up.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

padre

W-B learned a lot in their first trip to state.  Pewaukee was well coached and did the little things just a bit better on that particular day...congrats to them.  We will be losing quite a bit but will have some replacements that will keep the team pretty solid heading into next year....with more experience.  Our sectional will be wide open next year with Two Rivers, Freedom and L-C...it will be interesting to say the least.

By the way...anyone that thinks Team State is not a great event has never been part of it...it has been great for our town and hopefully will be used as a tool to get even more kids out for the sport.

Happy off-season all!!!!!!   

Street Glide

Congratulations to Ellsworth.  What a dominate performance!  As mentioned earlier they are losing a lot of seniors, but they've been down that road before.  They are consistently one of the best teams year after year and I would expect no less next season.

Was so happy to see Ellsworth's fine Seniors finish such great careers.  Jens being the last one off the Mat was only fitting. 

padre

Quote from: Street Glide on March 09, 2014, 09:51:30 PM
Congratulations to Ellsworth.  What a dominate performance!  As mentioned earlier they are losing a lot of seniors, but they've been down that road before.  They are consistently one of the best teams year after year and I would expect no less next season.

Was so happy to see Ellsworth's fine Seniors finish such great careers.  Jens being the last one off the Mat was only fitting. 

They were definitely a well-oiled machine at the end of the year.  Congrats to Ellsworth, Coleman and Kaukauna!!!!

Quack

Was there anyone left in Ellsworth when they were at team state? if there were it couldn't have been many. Great job bringing such a big crowd!
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Firstinline

What will the rankings look like starting out next year?

D1:
1. Kaukauna
2. Bayport
3. Burlington
4. Menomonie
5. Sauk Prairie
6. Stoughton
7. Menomonee Falls
8. Merrill

D2:
1. Amery
2. Two Rivers
3. Freedom
4. Ellsworth
5. Wittenberg/Birnamwood
6. Pewaukee
7. Evansville/Albany
8. Luxemberg Casco

D3:
1. Coleman
2. Random Lake
3. Riverdale
4. Spring Valley/Elmwood
5. Stratford
6. Boycville
7. Mineral Point
8. Bonduel

littleguy301

Quote from: Quack on March 10, 2014, 10:24:25 AM
Was there anyone left in Ellsworth when they were at team state? if there were it couldn't have been many. Great job bringing such a big crowd!

There were a few because the curd place was open ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mat time

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 10, 2014, 11:51:48 AM

I think SVE cleared out both towns!
Gold medals aren

HWT Hopeful

Kaukauna will finish the year ranked in the top 25-35 in the nation.  What is the highest a Wisconsin team has been ranked in the nation?  I think they have a chance to break the top 20 next year.  I know they are just rankings, but Kaukauna beat the top teams in Iowa this year which is one of the better high school wrestling states in the country.

littleguy301

Quote from: mat time on March 10, 2014, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 10, 2014, 11:51:48 AM

I think SVE cleared out both towns!

The cheese shop in Spring Valley was open all weekend also ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet