Predict Team State-All Three Divisions

Started by Firstinline, March 06, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsalem

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on March 07, 2014, 09:34:58 AM
SV/E 113 Huebel is probably a state place winner but had skin infection at regionals I think and couldn't wrestle. That's what I heard anyway.

SVE has a solid 106 as well. He lost to Fedie in the Regional with a bad match and I feel is 5th/6th worth at state.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 07, 2014, 11:52:43 AM
I believe it's spelled "Kaukauna."  I always see posts about being sensitive because kids read this forum. Following that logic, it would be nice to see adults using proper grammar and spelling.   If I see a misspelled word on a resume, I won't even interview the person. 

This is a wrestling forum where people take 2 minutes to put together a post... it is not a resume for a job. Oh and depending on what you interview for, why would 1 word misspelled even matter?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Fan1966

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on March 07, 2014, 09:34:58 AM
SV/E 113 Huebel is probably a state place winner but had skin infection at regionals I think and couldn't wrestle. That's what I heard anyway.
That is correct and I believe that he will be excited to show what he has got.  I am looking forward to this so much! Everyone cheer your team on and have a blast enjoying what we all love!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: harley on March 07, 2014, 11:53:58 AM
No but Ellsworth and Coleman are again for the ??? Straight year.

Doesn't appear anything is happening to wrestling

so 2 out of 16 teams....

the teams I listed have won half of all the titles in the last 21 years... 31 titles total and NONE of them made it this year... that is a fairly large surprise if you ask me.

The #1 ranked teams in D1 and D3 have zero titles in the last 21 years.

CLC FAN

True jag... but I don't think that's an indication of something being wrong with Wisconsin wrestling.  Isn't pairity a good thing?  The NFL thinks so.

I did find it weird that not one of the 3 Team State champs from last year made it out of Regionals, but again, I happen to think having a lot of teams all scrapping for a title is a lot more fun than watching 1 juggernaut win again.  To each his own.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 07, 2014, 12:56:06 PM
True jag... but I don't think that's an indication of something being wrong with Wisconsin wrestling.  Isn't pairity a good thing?  The NFL thinks so.

I did find it weird that not one of the 3 Team State champs from last year made it out of Regionals, but again, I happen to think having a lot of teams all scrapping for a title is a lot more fun than watching 1 juggernaut win again.  To each his own.

well I was being sarcastic saying something was wrong.... nothing is wrong... but it is hard to believe. I'm all for new blood and for expanding the tournament.

tmandr

Oh how I love being under estimated...  Go Bay Port!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: tmandr on March 07, 2014, 02:49:54 PM

can you blame anyone? They didn't look so hot last week, they will really need to bring it this week.

tmandr

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 07, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

can you blame anyone? They didn't look so hot last week, they will really need to bring it this week.

Good thing this isn't an individual tournament where a few stars score all the points.  State champs can only score 6 this week, but then again so can non-state qualifiers.

It should be interesting!!!

LUNKER

"How dare you say that! These are high school athletes!"
-9/10 accounts on this forum

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: LUNKER on March 07, 2014, 05:10:08 PM

"How dare you say that! These are high school athletes!"
-9/10 accounts on this forum

How dare we predict winners and losers :)

CLC FAN

Speaking of which... Didnt have tome to post this before it started, but NOPIN 2.0 likes KaukUna to win 45-17 over Burlington.  97% confidence

harley

And the Underdog with a nice win!! Congrts to Bayport

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: harley on March 07, 2014, 09:10:15 PM

And the Underdog with a nice win!! Congrts to Bayport

Can u b the underdog if your ranked higher

Tomorrow we will have a new first time champion in D1

ougiqbxy

First time a Wisconsin Valley Conference team did not make the division one finals. 

Congatulations and good luck to Bay Port and Kaukauna!!!
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence