D2 145

Started by Buick, March 01, 2014, 10:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buick

The Southern Door wrestler truly deserves his state title, I don't want to come across as diminishing his accomplishment.  He did beat the oconto falls wrestler at sectionals and very well may be the best 145 pounder in the state across all divisions. I was just looking for some good discussion and hopefully clarification about what happened in this match.

Tank

Very well said Buick!

Street Glide

Quote from: Tank on March 01, 2014, 11:03:55 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can see the replay of the d2
145 and 160 pound matches?

Fester has the videos!

maggie

Let's get it up here!
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Hyde

The refs where pretty wishy-washy all weekend. A lot of questionable calls. I thought it was a bull crap call at 145. We had two great wrestlers going at it,let them decide out come. To many refs like to be center of attention. The 160d2 was a joke at the end too. The ref totally missed the near fall with about 10seconds left for Gable then gave the escape to sf kid after match to tie it. Another bad call I thought was at 106d1. Lee had a wizard in at the end and ref gave takedown for white. Again let the match go to overtime. Let them wrestle.

DarkKnight

Agreed. the refs made questionable calls that decided who wins the state title at more than just one 145 match... Krueger was workin his butt off on the bottom. BUt, IT is what IT is.

MHSfan

I thought the refs did a pretty good job over all. Before you judge watch some film. Did Lee lose his wizzer for a second in the scramble then get it back? I agreed with the D-2 160 calls? I don't always agree with the calls at the match but when you watch the film most times you'll see the ref was in the wrong place at the time or the ref was right all along.

bigG

I thought it was well-reffed overall.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on March 02, 2014, 09:12:58 AM
I thought it was well-reffed overall.

What that match or the entire tournament?

Tell me how a wrestler working his butt off to get off the bottom and get the escape could possibly be fleeing? the act of trying to escape is fleeing for crying out loud if he was stalling how in the heck could he be he works to his feet starts working his hips in different direction and the hands to get separation is stalling? I think that ref made the bad cal and was too darn stubborn to admit it and reverse it. Plain and simple he injected himself into that match at the second period early and with a score of 0-0 both wrestlers working their tails off.

Again I have no idea if the outcome would have changed and really I am not interested if it would have just the idea of ref changing the complexity of the match it should NOT happen that way.

Jacob is a decent hard working talented young man as is Dewey let them wrestle.

maggie

Can't wait go see the video...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

copper63

Quote from: MHSfan on March 02, 2014, 09:09:20 AM
I thought the refs did a pretty good job over all. Before you judge watch some film. Did Lee lose his wizzer for a second in the scramble then get it back? I agreed with the D-2 160 calls? I don't always agree with the calls at the match but when you watch the film most times you'll see the ref was in the wrong place at the time or the ref was right all along.
It's hard to agree with a 1 point escape awarded after the match in D-2 160, Don't you need to actually create separation in order for an escape to occur, looks like Frandsen had to win this one twice

aarons23

Quote from: copper63 on March 02, 2014, 09:40:33 AM
It's hard to agree with a 1 point escape awarded after the match in D-2 160, Don't you need to actually create separation in order for an escape to occur, looks like Frandsen had to win this one twice

I think Mitchell had the 2 point reversal...not one...so no Gable didn't have to win it twice.  I think it was a very close call and the refs talked it over and awarded the one and let the kids decide it.  No matter what they would have called people would have complained. 

How about focusing on what a great match it was.....hats off to both wrestlers.  Gable is a great wrestler.....how about the job Mitchell did?  Two great young men !
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imnofish

Bottom line: How many matches were reffed at the tournament?  What percentage of the matches stand out as ones containing questionable calls?  How many of us are perfect?  Should refs be more perfect than the rest of us?  We (and they) hate to see mistakes happen, especially when they negative impact a kid.  I want to see the video of this match, because I am curious about the call and I hope that seeing it under less emotionally-charged circumstances will help me understand the call (whether I agree with it, or not).
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

MHSfan

Again watch some film. Before control can be changed there is a split second where no one has control. Loss of control 1 pt. If you were surprised by that call I think you were in a minority because the Ellsworth fans by me weren't surprised. And I think they had faith in Gabe.

copper63

Quote from: aarons23 on March 02, 2014, 10:03:13 AM
Quote from: copper63 on March 02, 2014, 09:40:33 AM

I think Mitchell had the 2 point reversal...not one...so no Gable didn't have to win it twice.  I think it was a very close call and the refs talked it over and awarded the one and let the kids decide it.  No matter what they would have called people would have complained. 

How about focusing on what a great match it was.....hats off to both wrestlers.  Gable is a great wrestler.....how about the job Mitchell did?  Two great young men !
Yes this was a great match, my comment about Frandsen winning it twice was out of line.  Mitchell Lambrecht is a tough tough wrestler like his brother Lucas. I shouldn't have muddied this up by making that comment, My point was that an escape was not the correct call, reversal? I'll wait until the video is available