D1 predictions

Started by Houndhead, February 09, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MantyWrestler

Quote from: NWIS on February 11, 2014, 12:43:08 PM
QuoteI have a hard time believing Lee would beat Nelson so he better stay at 132 or go down to 126
Posted on: Today at 01:19:27 PM Posted by: MantyWrestler

NWIS, That is not my quote. It appears as if you posted a quote and attributed it to me when it came from Jim Rockford
Jack Youngchild
Manitowoc Lincoln

1Iota

Quote from: aarons23 on February 10, 2014, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 10, 2014, 05:21:33 PM
I just hope some of these matches happen in the finals.  Bird and Lee could meet on Thursday night.

Or Bird and Morgan......or Lee and Morgan.  Not sure who I think is the better final.....it will all be fun! ;)

Saw the Morgan vs Bird match.  What a contrast in styles.  Morgan with as good a shot as I have seen all year.  Almost unstoppable, yet numerous times he would get in deep & you thought he was certain to score, but Bird with his flexibility, patience, & composure would turn it around.  My feeling was that Morgan owned the nuetral while Bird controlled the ground.  Have not seen Lee this year.

Fisher at 138 will be a tough out for anyone.

Wrestlingforlife22

106- lee
113- shea
120- thornton
126- jansen
132- lee
138- schriel
145- schmid
152- scharenbrock
160- gundrum
170- breske
182- price
195-osowski
220- schmidt
285- milkent

I see bonus points in 113 132 170 and 220

boowrestle

I wouldnt count out Kraus/stoughton at 132! ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

Houndhead

Quote from: boowrestle on February 11, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
I wouldnt count out Kraus/stoughton at 132! ;)

I think Krause has been at 126 earlier this year. I would expect that is where he will be.

wrestlinglife1

Robert weighs 138 everyday and would be easy to walk in at that weight. Cutting to 126 is not even on his mind. 132 is the obvious choice. Go against two kids that have beaten him in the past and prove something. (Morgan in 8th grade State, Bird last year) Got together with Kevin bird last week and we both agree that this is going to be awesome to see. These kids are all very talented with great futures, and should provide some great matches for the fans in the Kohl Center. We can't go by who beat who, as style will play a big role in the victories. I heard Garcia beat Bird. Adams beat Garcia by a major. Lee beat Adams by a Tech fall, Bird beat Lee in OT. Morgan beat Adams by 1. Bird beat Morgan. etc.....

It is going to be an awesome tournament as it always is. Best of luck to everyone at Regionals this weekend. I hope to see everyone on State Street!!!

Neutral1

Lee- kaukauna/ Pruett- West Bend East/ Adams- Fondy/ and Merrill- Oshkosh West,, all in same sectional. Worth the price of admission.

stbird

Well said! 

Quote from: wrestlinglife1 on February 13, 2014, 03:41:16 PM
Robert weighs 138 everyday and would be easy to walk in at that weight. Cutting to 126 is not even on his mind. 132 is the obvious choice. Go against two kids that have beaten him in the past and prove something. (Morgan in 8th grade State, Bird last year) Got together with Kevin bird last week and we both agree that this is going to be awesome to see. These kids are all very talented with great futures, and should provide some great matches for the fans in the Kohl Center. We can't go by who beat who, as style will play a big role in the victories. I heard Garcia beat Bird. Adams beat Garcia by a major. Lee beat Adams by a Tech fall, Bird beat Lee in OT. Morgan beat Adams by 1. Bird beat Morgan. etc.....

It is going to be an awesome tournament as it always is. Best of luck to everyone at Regionals this weekend. I hope to see everyone on State Street!!!

buc65

Quote from: MantyWrestler on February 11, 2014, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on February 11, 2014, 08:54:30 AM
Well if I'm Lee, I say let Bird or Morgan take 132, and eat and take 138, which is very for the taking.... the #1 ranked Osmanski hasn't impressed me from the times I seen him against Coleman and at the Pulaski tourney. he is tough, but not at the level of Lee.

Current 145# Rankings and where they folded for. That's 5 of the top 7. Pretty sure Nelson, Youngchild and Fjoser will go down. Not sure about Hietpas or if Crangle will go all the way to 132, stay at 145 or go 138.

1 Joe Nelson Stoughton 11 - 138
2 Joe Ziolkowski DC Everest 11 - 145
3 Eric Schmid Verona 11 -145

4 Casey Crangle Menomonee Falls 12 - 132
5 Austin Fjoser Sauk Prairie 12 - 138
6 Zac Youngchild Manitowoc Lincoln 12 - 138
7 Evan Hietpas Kaukauna 12 - 138

Crangle will be at 145, he can't drop based on his weight at conference last week.

psalms23:4

Agree with "wrestlingfor life 22" @ D1 138. Watched Schierl break a tough Cottage Grove MN kid in OTW finals. Correct me if I'm wrong but his only loss is to DKreuger OF by 1 in a very tight early season match. Don't know why his name hasn't been mentioned more with that D1 group.

boowrestle

Schierl/St point??? if so he lost at spash duals(i think a sparta kid but not sure)
you can run but you cannot hide.

wrestlinglife1

I think Fritz is a major contender for the title at 138. Had a great match with Lee in Kaukauna this year. Don't sleep on him!

psalms23:4

Sorry Schierl's loss was 3-2 to RLee Kaukauna on 12/7 at Kaukauna duals not Krueger OF. Still a serious contender at 138 IMO

mat time

Quote from: psalms23:4 on February 14, 2014, 08:46:11 PM
Sorry Schierl's loss was 3-2 to RLee Kaukauna on 12/7 at Kaukauna duals not Krueger OF. Still a serious contender at 138 IMO

Fritzy is the real deal. He has the best coach in the World,(as in GOLD). And of course the 2nd best dad.
But seriously he shouldn't be under anybodies radar, but I hope some people overlook him because he is going to make some noise these next few weeks. Just a great kid from a great family who I wish the best of luck to!
Gold medals aren

wrestlinglife1

Agreed Mat Time. One of my favorite kids, from a classy family.