Dual at Rutgers Friday, Feb. 5 featuring 165 All American REMATCH

Started by TomM, January 25, 2016, 05:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Barry never enjoys extra curricular stuff like that. Nor does the rest of the staff I'm sure.

vsmf2010

Quote from: stp on February 05, 2016, 10:21:59 PM
RT and one of the Rutgers wrestlers shared some words after the match.  Barry wasn't happy about it either.   

haha

Was that during the hand shake or after? I missed it. Once the match was over I switched over to watch PSU/OSU. I will have to go back and watch.

vsmf2010

I just went back and watched that. Not good. From what I could see RT had no business walking back toward the mat. Looks like he was having words with Ashnault. Barry and Kyle were really pissed. Looked like RT had a shove for his dad too as he walked away. Not sure what is going on there.

hammen

leg turk

Quote from: hammen on February 05, 2016, 11:01:29 PM
That's classic RT. He's his own man.

Uncalled for...  He thinks he's above the team, I'm tired of it.

stp

Quote from: leg turk on February 06, 2016, 12:19:45 AM

Two out of three isn't bad.    Uncalled for and being tired of it, OK.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

npope

Indeed, a great win for both the Badger wrestlers and the coaches...period.

On to the next one.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Micah

Quote from: stp on February 06, 2016, 04:36:35 AM

I have never seen him do anything dirty, I think every team needs a guy with some fire on it. Iowa usually has 8 of these guys and it works for them.  A team needs a mix of all types, can't just have quiet grinders. Nice win by the Badgers. 

npope

Quote from: stp on February 06, 2016, 04:36:35 AM

I didn't see the incident, but if is anything like some of those Iowa guys do then I am not a fan. Those bumble bees defend that kind of crap t the end. Personally, not cool, IMO.

Nat Pope

stp

Quote from: Micah on February 06, 2016, 07:37:03 AM

I have never seen him do anything dirty, I think every team needs a guy with some fire on it. Iowa usually has 8 of these guys and it works for them.  A team needs a mix of all types, can't just have quiet grinders. Nice win by the Badgers. 

Totally agree
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Harris

Ryan Taylor = Type A personality
Ryan Taylor = Fierce competitor who will not back down
Ryan Taylor = Alpha male

Don't mess with Ryan Taylor! ;)

I didn't see the "incident" but it sounds like it was just the wake-up call the Badgers needed.  You can't tell me Ryan Taylor going out and starting the dual off with a pin in the last seconds of the match and then getting in the face of Rutgers did not fire up his team.  I love it.

billymurphy

Taylor gives full effort the entire match, which
is his personality. How can you separate the man from the
wrestler?  Brands was like that too, and that made him good.
An abnormal desire to win.

Now, next up Minnesota.  For whatever reason, a win
against Minnesota would give me more pleasure than
a win against Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State
or Purdue.

npope

A full effort the entire match is fine - even demanded. That said, the Iowa faithful will get defensive when called on one of their wrestlers shoving his opponent after going out of bounds or mushing a competitor's face into the mat when the match is over (see when JJ and Gilman wrestled). That's not fire - that is being an a**. You can easily be an intense competitor without any of that extra-curricular stuff. I sure hope none of the Badgers are doing that kind of crap and I hope the UW fan base doesn't start thinking that's okay. It does nothing for the sport and it looks even more pathetic if it is coming from a team that isn't all that tough to begin with. Again, I didn't see the incident in question so I can't say for sure, but if some punk-after-the-match stuff did occur and fans are trying to rationalize it then count me out - not a fan of that BS.

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Lead Foot on February 05, 2016, 09:34:02 PM
Hey Jag, Is it too much for you to let people enjoy a nice team win!

I came on here and said great win, then someone decided to call me out on my predictions so I defended my position, if you want to complain then bring them into it. The person directly after my post predicted the same outcome as I did and that person that called me out didn't say a word about their prediction. It was a great win, I said as much but if you call me out expect a response.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

billymurphy

I admit that I watched the Ohio State vs. Penn State so
I missed the action. 
But for sure, Evans for Iowa was a total a-hole last year.