Round Three

Started by dad 2 5, March 09, 2019, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GradeTough

Quote from: npope on March 10, 2019, 09:16:24 AM
Very happy for the individual successes of some of the guys like Breske (seemingly turning a corner - I hope) and Moran's big win over Carr. Hope to see a couple more wins like that emerge today.

Agree

hammen

I'm still entertained by that Martin/Amine match. Just non-stop incredible action the whole time. Cole has now beat him twice at the buzz, this time with a little more time on the clock. Cole looked like he could've gone another 7 after that match. His tank is deep - really hoping he can get this one over Berge again for NCAA seeding.

wrastle63

Quote from: hammen on March 10, 2019, 09:44:46 AM
I'm still entertained by that Martin/Amine match. Just non-stop incredible action the whole time. Cole has now beat him twice at the buzz, this time with a little more time on the clock. Cole looked like he could've gone another 7 after that match. His tank is deep - really hoping he can get this one over Berge again for NCAA seeding.
Berge struggles with weight so having him right away is a benefit.

Micah

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 09, 2019, 11:14:51 PM
If you're noticing the scoring discrepancies, I see them too. Looks like Flowrestling is giving credit for match bonus points in the 9th place brackets, while Trackwrestling isn't. I think Track is technically correct, but I'm not positive.

Track is correct, the 9th place bracket is not technically part of the tournament.  For tournament scoring those in the 9th place bracket are eliminated.

dad 2 5

Did I read that wrong. I thought track had Lantz up 3-2 but when it posted they had him down 2-3

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 10, 2019, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2019, 08:45:35 AM
Overall very happy with how the Badgers are wrestling. Moran majors Carr who just beat him, Breske dominating guys who he lost to, etc. All 10 badgers wrestling on day 2! Lot of big matches this morning.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but having all 10 still alive isn't that big of a deal. All six guys that didn't make the placement matches were corralled into the 9th place bracket, and we only eliminated two of those guys out of that bracket last night. Bascially 12 of 14 are alive in every weight with a 9th place bracket. We were lucky to have all three of our guys that didn't make the placement matches have a 9th place bracket, and certainly lucky that Model has squared off with the same injury default two times.
Tell that to All the teams with guys done.

wrastle63

Berge forfeiting to Martin.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 10, 2019, 12:38:58 PM
Is Ethan Rotondo going to mess around and make the NCAA tourney this year as the 14-seed! Shane Metzler, who was 8-15 coming into Big Tens, is all that stands between Rotondo and his ticket!

Also, could Lantz wrestle his way to a wildcard birth? I'm not sure how many wildcards are available at 133, but you've probably got to consider the guy who "just missed" in the best wrestling conference in the country.

4 wild cards at 33 maybe but I would guess no

dad 2 5

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 10, 2019, 12:45:46 PM
What am I missing?

track has
125 (9 - Semifinal
M. Heinselman, . (1-0) - OSU
S. Metzler, . (1-1) - RUT
Dec 9-4

Harris

Looks like the Badgers already have more points than last year.

hammen

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 10, 2019, 12:48:12 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 10, 2019, 12:47:19 PM
Is Ethan Rotondo going to mess around and make the NCAA tourney this year as the 14-seed! Shane Metzler, who was 8-15 coming into Big Tens, is all that stands between Rotondo and his ticket!

Also, could Lantz wrestle his way to a wildcard birth? I'm not sure how many wildcards are available at 133, but you've probably got to consider the guy who "just missed" in the best wrestling conference in the country.

If he actually lost in the 9th place semis, then "No" for sure. Can we get confirmation who won that match with Valdivez?

Jens lost. About 10 shot to zero. Just couldn't get to a finish. Wrestled hard and tough. He should be very happy with the way he competed this weekend. Dude is a man with a lot of good character.

dad 2 5

Quote from: hammen on March 10, 2019, 02:03:39 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on March 10, 2019, 12:48:12 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 10, 2019, 12:47:19 PM

If he actually lost in the 9th place semis, then "No" for sure. Can we get confirmation who won that match with Valdivez?

Jens lost. About 10 shot to zero. Just couldn't get to a finish. Wrestled hard and tough. He should be very happy with the way he competed this weekend. Dude is a man with a lot of good character.

+100!

PAUL

This blanking basketball game is going on forever...

PAUL

125 match looks like a major bummer with referees spending lots of time looking at TV screens......

Ghetto

Anyone watch the Wick v White match and think that it was a mistake for White to choose down? They have to be thinking for two weeks from now and seeing if he can get away from Wick more than once. They were clearly not trying to win that match right there, and I get it. In a vacuum, choosing down is not a great plan.

Rotondo and Heinselmann was a fun match to watch. I really thought Rotondo was going to get a takedown and the tide would turn. After sitting most of the season, it would have been great for him to get into the NCAAs.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove