Season

Started by wrastle63, September 25, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 11, 2018, 06:04:08 PM
Quote from: billymurphy on October 11, 2018, 06:01:52 PM
Minnesota should be improved this year enough where the Badgers will not be able to beat them.
I am looking forward to seeing if their true freshman heavyweight is a title contender.

From what I saw of him at Cheesehead and couple other times he will be a great one

He has already beat guys who are/were title contenders. He will be tough to beat.

wrastle63

Quote from: billymurphy on October 11, 2018, 06:01:52 PM
Minnesota should be improved this year enough where the Badgers will not be able to beat them.
I am looking forward to seeing if their true freshman heavyweight is a title contender.
Badgers beat them last year and have improved a lot. Connor Brown will improve 125 a lot, Lantz will be improved, Tristan Moran could be AA threat has beat Thorn, and a healthy Zander. Minnesota gained Skatzka, Russell, and Stevenson. Would be a good dual and our arrow is pointing up. Minnesota not as much.

jets152

Has Hillger ever wrestled Steveson in folkstyle?
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

wrastle63

Grappler6 I know your a gopher fan. What is your prediction. I think Minnesota would probably win the dual, because we are a year or two away with losing Ritter, Bono transition, etc. But I believe the dual will be incredibly close and competitive.

Our lineup will most likely be:
125-Brown
133-Lantz
141-Moran
149-Martin
157-Wick
165-Wick
174-Christensen
184-Reinhardt
197-????
285-Hilger

wrastle63

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/42/minnesota/77/wisconsin

They have it 22-11 Minnesota with almost all the matches Wisconsin loses being 1-2 point matches.

wrastle63

Quote from: grappler6 on October 12, 2018, 11:16:32 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on October 12, 2018, 10:38:55 AM
https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/42/minnesota/77/wisconsin

They have it 22-11 Minnesota with almost all the matches Wisconsin loses being 1-2 point matches.

It also has Gable losing to Hilger. Which I think most would disagree with. Only common opponent Gable pinned in 33 seconds and Hilger beat in OT 4-3.

There will be some good matchups but I would favor MN. An upset or two could shift things. At the same time if MN is rolling it could be a wide margin. IMO the only "guaranteed" victory for WI is 165. Likely close matches wherever Moran is, 157, 174, 184. I would favor MN at the rest of the weights. Should be an exciting dual.
Yea I didn't agree with Gable losing to Hilger. The tossups of 141, 149, 157, 174, and 184. Wisconsin could easily win 3 of those plus Wick winning at 165.

NoFear

Bahr pinched for 149 and should be the starter there.

wrastle63

Quote from: NoFear on October 16, 2018, 01:55:09 PM
Wow that would be very interesting! Curious to see if Martin would go down if he loses. Also curious to how the staff will handle this. Are they going to do wrestle offs, determine at an open tournament based on results, just pick their starter, etc.

Infoguy

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 16, 2018, 03:17:30 PM
Wow that would be very interesting! Curious to see if Martin would go down if he loses. Also curious to how the staff will handle this. Are they going to do wrestle offs, determine at an open tournament based on results, just pick their starter, etc.
So just to get the story straight...Bahr is nowhere close to beating Martin. I have first hand knowledge
That Martin takes Bahr on a consistent basis. Not a hack on Bahr at all. As for the one post saying Bahr has never lost to martin...that is very uniformed comments as Martin has beat him in all wrestling styles thru the years. The ONE time bahr won was in high school while Martin was wrestling with some unfortunate circumstances. But never heard one excuse. Just took it like a man and learned from it. All that being said they will wrestle this weekend in a match in the wrestling room and everyone will understand why bahr won't be the starter at 49 this or next year.

Numbers

Quote from: Infoguy on October 17, 2018, 03:50:52 PM
So just to get the story straight...Bahr is nowhere close to beating Martin. I have first hand knowledge
That Martin takes Bahr on a consistent basis. Not a hack on Bahr at all. As for the one post saying Bahr has never lost to martin...that is very uniformed comments as Martin has beat him in all wrestling styles thru the years. The ONE time bahr won was in high school while Martin was wrestling with some unfortunate circumstances. But never heard one excuse. Just took it like a man and learned from it. All that being said they will wrestle this weekend in a match in the wrestling room and everyone will understand why bahr won't be the starter at 49 this or next year.

That is true bulletin board material :o

Infoguy

Quote from: Numbers on October 17, 2018, 06:14:37 PM

If you think any wrestlers are paying attention to message boards. You are mistaken. If they do no wonder they aren't in the lineup ! 
Quote from: Numbers on October 17, 2018, 06:14:37 PM

lizard king

It's fun when people with "inside Knowledge"  give us some insight.

wrastle63

Interested to see whose "inside knowledge" is correct about Bahr/Martin.

mkm13

No matter who comes out on top between Martin/Bahr, I think it is a great sign that Bahr is healthy again and pushing Martin for the spot.  That can only make both better.

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on October 18, 2018, 10:15:36 AM
No matter who comes out on top between Martin/Bahr, I think it is a great sign that Bahr is healthy again and pushing Martin for the spot.  That can only make both better.
Agreed! Martin was a qualifier for NCAAs so if Bahr beats him that is good news. If Martin wins we should qualify the weight again.