DUKE Hwt

Started by lizard king, February 03, 2017, 08:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/sports/local/2016/05/25/kasper-lexington-wrestling-metz/84918988/

Kasper won the world championship of beach wrestling this summer in the "light heavyweight" category (they have two categories of heavyweight, 97KG+ and 97KG++, they keep the cutoffs secret to avoid fat shaming I guess :) )  I don't know how impressive this feat is, but I suspect there are some tough full grown men in it.   Does the guy Kasper is wrestling have grey hair!?

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 03, 2017, 08:20:27 AM
Agree I think only one who can challenge Snyder this year would be Medberry.

Ya, Medbery is the only one with a prayer, IMO.  Kasper would be helpless against Snyder - he's got no edge.

I do think Kasper could upset Medbery, but I would need long odds to take that bet.     

Nevills is gonna face OK State's Austin Schafer in the National duals.    If Nevills loses,    Kasper may get the 3rd seed and be in Medbery's side of the bracket.  (I'm making a lot of assumptions.)   I hope so, I want to see that match.

gijd

There sure seems to be a lovefest for Kasper. Yes he had some big wins, no he'll never beat Snyder. I don't think he'll make the finals either, just my 2 cents.

TomM

I didn't read all the comments.. but is John Wayne really wrestling heavyweight?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DocWrestling

Snyder made Nevills look like a little toy he was playing with
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Huckfinn

bigG

Quote from: lizard king on February 03, 2017, 08:00:27 AM
I just read that the Duke Hwt (Kasper) is calling out Synder.  He want's "to punch him in the mouth and see what he's got."  He and a lot of wrestling posters are talking about the big showdown at the NCAA finals!    WAIT!  are they not forgetting about a Wisconsin Heavy weight!  And maybe even two Wisconsin heavy weights!   The kid is good, he is small, fast, and confident, but I just don't think at the same level as CM?

I like your take, Lizard. Let them forget so we could have something to remember.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Huckfinn

Forgot about Connor Medbery!?   Kasper is a long shot to upset Medbery.    CM is not forgotten, he's held steady at #2 everywhere all year.  I wish Coon was around to give CM a real challenge.

My longshot to pull an upset, besides Kasper, is Oklahoma's Ross Larson.   He is small, but a bit bigger this his senior year.   Been watching hisrecent  matches, he's a big pinner and very skillful.   I predicted big things for him when he was a freshman.  Maybe I jinxed him; but he's really good.

bigG

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 07, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
Forgot about Connor Medbery!?   Kasper is a long shot to upset Medbery.    CM is not forgotten, he's held steady at #2 everywhere all year.  I wish Coon was around to give CM a real challenge.

My longshot to pull an upset, besides Kasper, is Oklahoma's Ross Larson.   He is small, but a bit bigger this his senior year.   Been watching hisrecent  matches, he's a big pinner and very skillful.   I predicted big things for him when he was a freshman.  Maybe I jinxed him; but he's really good.

Yes, he (Med) has the coaches; but not the big mouth. It's easy to forget about basic logic and reason. Our country is notorious for that.

I haven't seen Larson wrestle yet. I'll keep an eye out. 
i like our HWT. just fine and his chances to get there are good. Beat Snyder, though? Maybe on his best day; which I'm hoping is the day of the NCAA finals.

lizard king

Snyder's match against Nevills was really a show.  He has gotten even better! (shouldn't be a surprise).  CM is the next level and on a good day there may be a couple guys who could beat him, but I don't think so.  It is good to get some excitement in the weight class again.

bigG

True dat. It'd be easy to take Snyder for granted at Hwt.; but Gwyz wrestled him tough, so can CM. I know who I'm cheering for. Perfect send off to Med School.

TomM

I do believe Medbery can defeat the guy. It will be an exciting match(es).... It's what we wait for.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrastle63

BuckyMatRat

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 18, 2017, 10:24:44 PM
Big upset to Pitt

He was upset by Pitt's heavy last night.  He has had a few uninspiring matches of late.

Huckfinn

Quote from: BuckyMatRat on February 19, 2017, 08:11:25 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 18, 2017, 10:24:44 PM
Big upset to Pitt

He was upset by Pitt's heavy last night.  He has had a few uninspiring matches of late.

You mean the Pitt guy, Solomon?   I agree, he is nothing special.   I didn't see the Duke-Pitt match yet.  Kasper has looked good lately - his method is to win in third period, so don't expect domination.

Maybe Kasper will luck out and fall to 6 or 7 in NCAAs, he can't compete with Snyder IMO.