TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

jaguarwrestler

ouch

man, he had a real shot to win it all, really feel for the guy

I assume Lantz will be first on the list to get the spot, unless one of the many at 141 is going to make the cut.

have to wonder, why would it end a career, just something that once it is fixed won't be able to take the abuse? total bummer but I wish him the best.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

sudden_victory

Someone on the Mat said he needs a total hip replacement. If that is true, it would explain why he can't compete any more.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

gijd

Too bad for RT, he was definitely one of my favorites to watch over the last several years. For him to be able to wrestle with that sort of injury just shows how determined and tough he was.

bigG

Dang. I thought this would be our next champ. What a spark plug. This stinks. Sure glad UW offers some nice education. Hope he takes advantage and lives a great life.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: sudden_victory on June 26, 2016, 11:27:24 PM
Someone on the Mat said he needs a total hip replacement. If that is true, it would explain why he can't compete any more.

didn't know it was that bad, sad to have such a procedure at his age... may need to have it done 1-2 more times as I think they only last 30 years or so.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Goat Roper on June 27, 2016, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: gijd on June 27, 2016, 08:20:31 AM
Too bad for RT, he was definitely one of my favorites to watch over the last several years. For him to be able to wrestle with that sort of injury just shows how determined and tough he was.

I agree.  Yet there were many on here criticizing Coach Davis for holding him out of early season tournaments.  Makes him look like a genius and most of the posters on here fools.

I don't recall that, everyone knew he was hurt... I was pushing for medical RS before they brought him back... maybe it would have helped, maybe not. I don't recall people bashing Barry over RT being hurt.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Goat Roper on June 27, 2016, 05:40:35 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 27, 2016, 05:15:46 PM

I agree.  Yet there were many on here criticizing Coach Davis for holding him out of early season tournaments.  Makes him look like a genius and most of the posters on here fools.

I don't recall that, everyone knew he was hurt... I was pushing for medical RS before they brought him back... maybe it would have helped, maybe not. I don't recall people bashing Barry over RT being hurt.

You were always against wrestlers not wrestling at the Midlands.

Nice try Jag, you were the worst.

I was the worst? I would like you to find me 1 post of mine that complained about Barry for not having Taylor wrestle at the Midlands. If I was the worst it should be easy to find.

ckwrestler

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 27, 2016, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on June 27, 2016, 05:40:35 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on June 27, 2016, 05:15:46 PM

You were always against wrestlers not wrestling at the Midlands.

Nice try Jag, you were the worst.

I was the worst? I would like you to find me 1 post of mine that complained about Barry for not having Taylor wrestle at the Midlands. If I was the worst it should be easy to find.

I did look back.  Unless it was from 2014 or 2013, couldn't find you complaining anywhere.  In fact, there were two posts where you asked if he could get a medical RS.  Here's one:

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on December 12, 2015, 04:21:38 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on December 12, 2015, 03:29:24 PM
Jiminez and Taylor losing are surprises to me. Makes the score look quite a bit better if those two guys win.

yeah... but they didn't :)

maybe Taylor should have gone for the medical RS, the season will only get harder from here. I hope he is just out of shape but why would he be? Hasn't he been in the room and practicing for a bit?

Anywho, I wonder if we will see a change at 157, I know what happened in the wrestle off but Scharenbrock has had some good results and TJ looks like he lost it a bit the last couple weeks.

Ghetto

Can we not bring every dang thread back to Coach Davis?

Anyone know when Taylor is having surgery?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on June 28, 2016, 08:57:11 AM
Can we not bring every dang thread back to Coach Davis?

Anyone know when Taylor is having surgery?

whats the matter Ghetto?  You are calling people out, and you were wrong. 

hammen

It's his first post in the thread. Who peed in your cheerios this morning?

leg turk

Quote from: hammen on June 28, 2016, 09:24:41 AM
It's his first post in the thread. Who peed in your cheerios this morning?

My bad, sorry Ghetto. 

Ghetto

👍🏽

Don't eat the Cheerios. 😂😂😂 buy a new box.

I wasn't calling out folks on this thread, but the day is young. Let me move over to another... 😀😀
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Goat Roper on June 28, 2016, 06:49:56 AM
Quote from: getyourpoints on June 28, 2016, 06:15:54 AM
First and foremost I hope the young man has a speedy and long lasting recovery. He is still just a kid and has his whole life in front of him so I wish him well.

Lastly I love how Barry supporters use an injury as evidence that Barry is a good coach😕. No one has ever accused BD of not being a good guy, wouldn't any decent person keep out a kid the is badly hurt?

Many fools on here chastised Hammen when he would defend Barry about not having wrestlers wrestle early in the year.  Funny how so many of them now deny they said it and ask me to go back through 100's of posts to prove my point.  I don't need to nor do many others on here with excellent memories.

your excellent memory is not working. Not only did I look at my post about the Midlands I looked at others and not 1 person complained about Taylor not wrestling and not 1 person bashed Barry for Taylor not wrestling. So much for your memory... but I was the worst... honestly get your facts straight before trying to make someone look foolish because it only makes you look foolish. Early in the year it was said to be a shoulder issue, not a hip issue. After he hurt it in an early dual I asked if he could take a RS, I never once bashed Taylor or Barry for sitting him out, I actually encouraged them to RS him. I guess you remember things a different way but you can't find any proof.