17th place

Started by leg turk, March 22, 2015, 11:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Yes, 3 all Americans, but 17th place?  Time for a change at the top.

woody53

Yes. Barry Alvarez most go. He does not know anything about keeping and finding good coaches.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

hammen

Top 20 teams - returning points:

Ohio St. - 75
Okie St - 65 (all point scorers return)
Cornell - 60
Iowa - 59.5
Michigan - 48.5
Virginia Tech - 37.5
PSU - 36.5
Illinois - 36.5
NC State - 34 (all point scorers return)
Missouri - 33
Wisconsin - 30
Oklahoma - 28.5
Nebraska - 23.5
West Virginia - 20
Northwestern - 16.5
Edinburg - 14.5
Lehigh - 12
Virginia - 10
Minnesota - 7
Iowa State 5

vsmf2010

Quote from: woody53 on March 22, 2015, 12:09:42 PM
Yes. Barry Alvarez most go. He does not know anything about keeping and finding good coaches.

;D

imnofish

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 23, 2015, 11:42:44 AM
Quote from: woody53 on March 22, 2015, 12:09:42 PM

;D

;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Turk, the replies to your post remind me of what democrats do when confronted. They laugh and put a twist on it.
Obviously Woody thinks Barry is doing a good job by placing in the bottom half of the big ten every year and is happy with placing 17th at the NCAA's. Why is it that the best wrestlers from Wisconsin go to schools other than UW???

Huckfinn

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 23, 2015, 11:21:53 PMWhy is it that the best wrestlers from Wisconsin go to schools other than UW???
The elite programs attract elite wrestlers from across country.  WI is not being poached anymore than other states.

bigG

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 23, 2015, 11:21:53 PM
Turk, the replies to your post remind me of what democrats do when confronted. They laugh and put a twist on it.
Obviously Woody thinks Barry is doing a good job by placing in the bottom half of the big ten every year and is happy with placing 17th at the NCAA's. Why is it that the best wrestlers from Wisconsin go to schools other than UW???

"Turk, the replies to your post remind me of what democrats do when confronted."

Yes, it's all about political stances in wrestling.  ::)

I think we can agree JT was WI's best wrestler of the day. I don't recall you predicting Deiringer's future success and JT's bumps.

I'd be glad with a change on top; but change itself isn't enough. Who do we put our chips on? Not like we're bursting with great wrestlers compared to MN and IL.

I hear lots of calls for change but no idea as to what we should change to. I'd call Sammy Henson, personally.

Who do you endorse (before thinking politically)?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 23, 2015, 11:21:53 PM

There was 1 AA from WI. Replace Zekes points with his (25 vs 6.5) and we have 52, enough for 12th place. I believe there were 2 other points scored by WI natives in the tournament, with 0.5 coming from Jesse.

sudden_victory

There was a time when you could be pleasantly surprised when someone made All American who had not been a superstar. Tony Black and Tyler Turner are examples. That hasn't happened in a while.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

Huckfinn

Quote from: sudden_victory on March 24, 2015, 10:31:52 AM
There was a time when you could be pleasantly surprised when someone made All American who had not been a superstar. Tony Black and Tyler Turner are examples. That hasn't happened in a while.

How about Ben Jordan's swan song a few years ago.   Finally AA'd at end of career.

sudden_victory

Ben Jordan is a good one, he was unseeded. He was hampered earlier in his career by being at 174 when Andrew Howe was 165.

In the 2012 NCAA, Ben Jordan beat Evans of Iowa and Sulzer of Virginia.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

jets152

It would be interesting to hear from more people who they feel should be the head coach.

Most thought-provoking suggestion I have heard: Brent Metcalf.

I would've had a chance in WISAA.

charteroak1

Lou Rosselli - Basically runs tOSU practices and ORTC asst: Logan Stieber,  asst: Trevor Brandvold,  Club Coaches Kyle Ruschell and Mitch Hull. 

wrestle03

Lou Rosselli and Logan Stieber????  You have a better chance at winning the Powerball than that ever happening.  Be realistic.