Ritter

Started by Lunatic Fringe, April 07, 2016, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunatic Fringe

Flowrestling has been coming out with D1 Red-Shirt reports for the last two weeks and we finally had a badger on the list. Ritter was mentioned at 184.  Exciting to read! Funny how they didn't make any mention of Robertson at 174 as part of the lineup problem.

"Hunter Ritter - Wisconsin - 2016-2017 Eligibility Year - Redshirt Freshman
Redshirt Record: 16-2
It was very interesting to look up Ritter's season and see that he beat Bobby Steveson. A year ago Steveson handled him at Who's #1. Frankly, the match wasn't all that competitive. Yet Ritter seemingly handled Steveson this time around. Redshirt results can often be taken with a grain of salt, I've found. However, this suggests improvement by Ritter who had a great record on the year.

He did suffer losses to Cash Wilcke and Montrail Johnson, but it should be noted that the Badger also beat Wilcke this year. I am curious where Ritter will fit considering Wisconsin has Ryan Christensen already there at 184. Maybe one of them goes down, one goes up? Both are probably too talented to be on the bench for the Badgers next year."

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40814-d1-redshirt-report-184-pounds

littleguy301

I am excited about the prospect of Ritter in the line up. I think he proved to be a very good reshirt this year.

Not sure about bobby steveson, certainly is a good win for ritter but I also think that steveson is getting used to 84 also, though that result is incouraging to say the least!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

leg turk

I see Ritter, Christensen, and Robertson battling out for 184.  That should be interesting.

mkm13

I am hoping 1 of those 3 guys spends the offseason trying to get as big as they can for 197.  We don't have the depth for 3 of our best guys between 174-197 to be battling out for same weight going into the season.

Ghetto

Almost feels like Flo was dissing Ritter and didn't believe his win was legit. Disappointing.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Micah

Quote from: mkm13 on April 07, 2016, 12:01:03 PM
I am hoping 1 of those 3 guys spends the offseason trying to get as big as they can for 197.  We don't have the depth for 3 of our best guys between 174-197 to be battling out for same weight going into the season.

The distribution of those three guys over those weights is key for next year.

Gutwrench

I don't read it as a dis at all.  I think it was a pretty fair analysis of Ritter saying he certainly had a good year, but that redshirt seasons aren't always an accurate predictor of future success.

Got to always prove it the next season, the next tournament, the next match, the next period. 

Ghetto

I've read a lot of those projections and I don't remember seeing that ever said about a redshirt season.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive today.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Lunatic Fringe

Not sure why Flo didn't include Medberry in there Redshirt report.  He is clearly the biggest threat to win a title who wasn't at NCAA's last year.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40852-d1-redshirt-report-285-pounds