North Shore Conference for 2015-2016

Started by Ghetto, September 16, 2015, 08:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Usually I do this during the wrestling-dead time of summer. With the season two months away, here's what we have coming back....

Whitefish Bay (returning 31 points from the conference tournament): Lost a ton of kids from last year. We return two seniors in conference champion Cooper Fergus and Zack Turner. Other than that, we've got a lot of growing to do. We only get a small group of freshman, so we're definitely in a rebuilding year. Other than this kid that transferred in from PA...  ;D

Homestead (55 points): Homestead graduated a lot of guys, but they always seem to every year. They then fill most, if not all the weights. Doug Lennon is the best of the returning kids. They'll continue to fill weights and be solid I'm sure.

Milwaukee Lutheran (57 points): Conference Champion Jaylen Kroupa and Kellen Witty return. New coach, new day. Hopefully he can build the program back up.

Port Washington (82 points): State place winner Zach Smith is gone, but Port returns some quality kids in Makoutz, the Rosados, and the law firm of Cullen, Bauer and Trottier. I'm sure there's another Rosado coming, and a few little guys from the farm system.

Grafton (92 points): It's not often that Grafton returns this many points. Will Arturo Duran make the drop to 106 once more? His match against Szohr in the conference finals was fun to watch. Grafton graduated no one, so with a few young guys they should be solid and towards the top half of the conference this season.

Nicolet (96 points): Nicolet returns 8 seniors for 2015-2016. Teague Worlton, unpredictable Savion Dean and Chris Azcueta are the best of the bunch. It's also time for Adam Plotkin to make a move.

Cedarburg (110.5 points): Cedarburg lost about 400 wins from last year's senior class, but still returns state qualifiers Boerner, Ryan, Hickey, and Sigler. I don't know what they have coming in as freshman, but they'll be a good tournament team with those guys scoring big points.

Germantown (161.5 points): Zach Szohr is the superstar of a solid group of kids. They graduated no one from last year, and barring injury, should win the conference title in 2016. Waymon McNeal should join Szohr at the state tournament this year, and it will be interesting to see how Mason Wheeler progresses from a nice freshman year.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

This isn't about this year, but is this the last version of the North Shore as we know it? Here's the latest proposal on what our conference will look like when they realign.

Grafton - 747
Nicolet - 1036
Port Washington - 862
Slinger - 968
West Bend East - 1163
West Bend West - 1139
Whitefish Bay - 995

7 teams
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

aarons23

Thought I read that it couldn't be agreed on and now the WIAA is considering doing away with conferences and making larger districts.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

TomM

QuoteProposal Modified for Conference Realignment in Milwaukee Metro Area (Fri 10/09)

STEVENS POINT, Wis. – The WIAA Board of Control acted on a series of spring sport coaches' recommendations involving the season regulations for those respective sports, amended a preliminary conference realignment proposal impacting the Southeast region of the state and passed the 2015-16 operational budget at its October meeting today.

...The Board amended a conference realignment proposal that involves 44 schools, five current conferences in the Milwaukee metro area and the Badger Conference. The plan, which will receive first consideration at the Board meeting on Dec. 4, moves Beaver Dam and Watertown from the Little 10 Conference to the Badger Conference. The plan also adds Milwaukee Lutheran and Wauwatosa East from the North Shore and Greater Metro Conferences, respectively, to the 12 teams in the current Woodland Conference to form a new, 14-member league. Twenty-eight schools for boys and girls currently comprising the Classic 8, Greater Metro, North Shore and Wisconsin Little 10 conferences would be placed into one of four, seven-team conferences (see attachment for the plan).

The membership of the WIAA oversees interscholastic athletic programs for 509 senior high schools and 45 junior high/middle level schools in its membership. It will sponsor 24 championship tournament series in 2015-16. For more information, please contact the WIAA office at (715) 344-8580.

# WIAA #
Release by WIAA Communications
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

There are some pretty good football schools in B!

WIAA'S PROPOSED RE-ALIGNMENT

(Enrollqments in parentheses)

CONFERENCE A

Glendale Nicolet (1,036)
Grafton (747)
Port Washington (862)
Slinger (968)
West Bend East (1,163)
West Bend West (1,139)
Whitefish Bay (995)

CONFERENCE B

Cedarburg (1,100)
Germantown (1,399)
Hartford (1,410)
Menomonee Falls (1,376)
Mequon Homestead (1,282)
Milwaukee Divine Savior Holy Angels (doubled to 1,330, girls only)
Milwaukee Marquette (doubled to 2,166, boys only)
Sussex Hamilton (1,434)

CONFERENCE C

Waukesha Catholic Memorial (765)
Waukesha North (1,157)
Waukesha South (1,379)
Waukesha West (1,178)
West Allis Central (1,421)
West Allis Hale (1,726)
Wisconsin Lutheran (727)

CONFERENCE D

Brookfield Central (1,324)
Brookfield East (1,285)