Purdue

Started by dad 2 5, February 03, 2024, 02:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: imwi on February 04, 2024, 07:48:25 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 04, 2024, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 04, 2024, 06:40:26 PMStrange dual that almost seemed like a high school dual with comebacks and ebbs and flows and mistakes costing points.

It is fair to say that Purdue's Big Ten + wrestling crew was extremely bad.

The one guy (expert commentator) was okay and seemed to know a little about wrestling but the main guy (play by play) was awful. My son and I were watching and we were saying "just stop talking" "Please!"

I agree but I also think it's way better than it used to be, you never knew what you were going to get.  The classic was the "illegal fist to the back" when the ref called stalling, pretty sure that's what it was. 

I agree it is better. I do remember one broadcast a few years back where the broadcaster was looking for a 2 point takedown for every mat return.

bigoil

Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 04, 2024, 09:21:31 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 04, 2024, 06:40:26 PMStrange dual that almost seemed like a high school dual with comebacks and ebbs and flows and mistakes costing points.

The one guy (expert commentator) was okay and seemed to know a little about wrestling but the main guy (play by play) was awful. My son and I were watching and we were saying "just stop talking" "Please!"

I agree but I also think it's way better than it used to be, you never knew what you were going to get.  The classic was the "illegal fist to the back" when the ref called stalling, pretty sure that's what it was. 

I agree it is better. I do remember one broadcast a few years back where the broadcaster was looking for a 2 point takedown for every mat return.
I also recall that being the Purdue broadcast. We are spoiled with Nate and Steve.

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigoil on February 05, 2024, 08:22:35 AM

I also recall that being the Purdue broadcast. We are spoiled with Nate and Steve.

I have not heard Nate and Steve as I am fortunate to live 7 miles from the Field House and my schedule has allowed my to attend all the home duals for the past several years. I do listen to the Bucky's Den podcast so I have no doubt that Nate does a great job. Who is Steve? I am not familiar.

bigoil

Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 05, 2024, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 05, 2024, 08:22:35 AM

I have not heard Nate and Steve as I am fortunate to live 7 miles from the Field House and my schedule has allowed my to attend all the home duals for the past several years. I do listen to the Bucky's Den podcast so I have no doubt that Nate does a great job. Who is Steve? I am not familiar.
I couldn't make Friday Night, 110 miles away. I'll be 2' away from Mike Poeta if you want to come say hello :)

Steve Leurquin, does the podcasts with Teague, joined Nate this past week.

Ghetto

When is the last time a Badger team had multiple comeback wins in the same dual? I can't remember one off hand, which means it was a long time ago.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove