BIG wins in Conference tournaments... Got 'em?

Started by TomM, February 06, 2016, 10:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Quote from: Spiral Ride on February 07, 2016, 06:46:57 PM
Dunn-St. Croix / Big Rivers Conference Tournament can't get any tougher in the state for a conference tourney.  Outstanding competition & to have the small schools competing with the big schools, technically the big schools should rule the roost, they have so many more kids to pick from, Hudson probably has at least 2 varsity guys at each weight, SVE, Boyceville & Glenwood are lucky to have a back up at a couple weights, they may only have 1 guy, well he's the man then. Great job to everyone, awesome tournament, Massie is an absolute beast, Stokke is untouchable,  Mcdevitt over Hurlburt, & Hakes over Hofacker totally wowed me & last but not least Anderson had Schlough flat as can b & should have came away with a huge pin, cannot believe the ref didn't slap the mat!!!!

Spiral..... are you saying  there was selective mat slapping??? :o :o
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

wraslfan

Jesse Kovnesky (Oak Creek) over Frank Garcia (Kenosha Tremper). UTB 3-2.

chuckref

Dunn-St. Croix / Big Rivers Conference Tournament can't get any tougher in the state for a conference tourney.  Outstanding competition & to have the small schools competing with the big schools, technically the big schools should rule the roost, they have so many more kids to pick from, Hudson probably has at least 2 varsity guys at each weight, SVE, Boyceville & Glenwood are lucky to have a back up at a couple weights, they may only have 1 guy, well he's the man then. Great job to everyone, awesome tournament, Massie is an absolute beast, Stokke is untouchable,  Mcdevitt over Hurlburt, & Hakes over Hofacker totally wowed me & last but not least Anderson had Schlough flat as can b & should have came away with a huge pin, cannot believe the ref didn't slap the mat!!!!

I think I was a little closer to see the action than you. :o

Chuck

H. Hogan

#9 D1 126 Ian Laatsch (Appleton North)  Absolutely boat raced #5 Jacob Barnett (Hortonville) 22-7 tech fall.

bulldog

Quote from: H. Hogan on February 08, 2016, 10:24:13 AM
#9 D1 126 Ian Laatsch (Appleton North)  Absolutely boat raced #5 Jacob Barnett (Hortonville) 22-7 tech fall.

Hogan you beat me to it...not sure what "boat raced" means but a real upset in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Laatsch but Barnett has been a beast this year.

Another great match - SPASH's Fritz Schierl over Rapids Brock Benitz. Not sure what I thought the outcome would be but I didn't think it would be a win by fall for either wrestler. Great match-up...maybe they will see each other again this year...(in the finals at Madison??)

Also...DC Everest Nate White (HM ranking) over SPASH's Joey Roth #5 ranking at 170...White wrestled very well.

H. Hogan

Quote from: bulldog on February 08, 2016, 11:39:33 AM

Hogan you beat me to it...not sure what "boat raced" means but a real upset in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Laatsch but Barnett has been a beast this year.

Another great match - SPASH's Fritz Schierl over Rapids Brock Benitz. Not sure what I thought the outcome would be but I didn't think it would be a win by fall for either wrestler. Great match-up...maybe they will see each other again this year...(in the finals at Madison??)

Also...DC Everest Nate White (HM ranking) over SPASH's Joey Roth #5 ranking at 170...White wrestled very well.

boat raced
To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowing competition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter.
"Chicago got boat raced by Green Bay, 37-3."

Barnett had beaten Laatsch twice prior this season,

imnofish

At Heart O' North:

Quincy Stephens (#9 @ 113) moved up a weight class, defeating Calen Kirkpatrick (#4 @ 120) in the title match.  This was Quincy's 3rd conference title and the second time he has defeated Calen this year.  Definitely a quality win over a very tough opponent.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Omaplata

Very happy for Ian.  It was only a matter of time before this happened.

bigG

Quote from: wraslfan on February 07, 2016, 08:26:00 PM

Would Jerry be Jesse's dad?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: chuckref on February 08, 2016, 10:14:48 AM
Dunn-St. Croix / Big Rivers Conference Tournament can't get any tougher in the state for a conference tourney.  Outstanding competition & to have the small schools competing with the big schools, technically the big schools should rule the roost, they have so many more kids to pick from, Hudson probably has at least 2 varsity guys at each weight, SVE, Boyceville & Glenwood are lucky to have a back up at a couple weights, they may only have 1 guy, well he's the man then. Great job to everyone, awesome tournament, Massie is an absolute beast, Stokke is untouchable,  Mcdevitt over Hurlburt, & Hakes over Hofacker totally wowed me & last but not least Anderson had Schlough flat as can b & should have came away with a huge pin, cannot believe the ref didn't slap the mat!!!!

I think I was a little closer to see the action than you. :o

Chuck

Yeah, but the guy sitting up in the top row had binoculars.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wraslfan

Quote from: bigG on February 08, 2016, 07:06:48 PM
Quote from: wraslfan on February 07, 2016, 08:26:00 PM

Would Jerry be Jesse's dad?
I don't know...I'll find out and let you know.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.