Evan Wick

Started by Lumpy, March 16, 2018, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

wrestlemania

Wick is going to be (I hope anyways) one of UW's best after four years. What a way to cap freshman season!

Via Con Dios Barry Davis! Very few people get a chance to end everything with a win and when you do, it's pretty special.

Lumpy

Great season. He impressed a whole lot of people!
-Matt S

imnofish

Awesome finish!  He definitely peaked at the right time!  Gotta give his coaches some credit for that.  Nice finish for them, too.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

xx takedown xx

Quote from: gijd on March 17, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Nice little interview with Evan and Barry afterwards. It was encouraging to hear Evan say how Barry told him he had to be a leader for the team next year.

Anywhere I can see the interview(s)?

dad 2 5

WOW what a great gift Evan gave to Coach Davis! Great job Evan!! Way to fight back!!! Can't way for next year to have Zander back and see how he does for the Badgers.

Thanks Evan for a great tournament, year and finish!

TomM

Quote from: xx takedown xx on March 17, 2018, 01:53:52 PM
Quote from: gijd on March 17, 2018, 12:22:55 PM
Nice little interview with Evan and Barry afterwards. It was encouraging to hear Evan say how Barry told him he had to be a leader for the team next year.

Anywhere I can see the interview(s)?

https://twitter.com/WI_Wrestling/status/975064349596372993?s=20
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TLV

Did Zandor not wrestle this year?
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

bigoil

Quote from: TLV on March 24, 2018, 06:32:41 AM

He did but was injured pretty early on. I believe a torn labrum in his hip.

dad 2 5

Quote from: bigoil on March 24, 2018, 07:08:18 AM
Quote from: TLV on March 24, 2018, 06:32:41 AM

He did but was injured pretty early on. I believe a torn labrum in his hip.
I wonder if he will apply for another year?

bigG

Sure looks like a legit med redshirt.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

benrud3

Did he compete in more than 30% of the competitions? That is a requirement to apply for a medical hardship. Also can't compete past the midpoint of the season.

dad 2 5

Quote from: benrud3 on March 24, 2018, 04:30:42 PM
Did he compete in more than 30% of the competitions? That is a requirement to apply for a medical hardship. Also can't compete past the midpoint of the season.
12-4 at the time of the injury. That would be more then the 30% but not midpoint

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Is it the number of matches or number of competitions? somebody calculated before that Zander competed in 5 of 18 regular season events which is less than 30%.  Jordan Burroughs got a medical redshirt once and competed later in the the season than Zander.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrastle63

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 25, 2018, 09:14:19 AM
Is it yjr number of matches or number of competitions? somebody calculated before that Zander competed in 5 of 18 regular season events which is less than 30%.  Jordan Burroughs got a medical redshirt once and competed later in the the season than Zander.
Seems like sometimes they let you plead your case if you are close to requirements.