Former Badger wrestler missing...

Started by coconut joe, May 02, 2017, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coconut joe

from the U.S. Open.  Anyone know why JT wasn't wrestling? 

Ghetto

Does he get a bye to the finals of WTT for being an Olympian? Molinaro was in the tournament, so I would think not.

Is he wrestling Pan Ams instead?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

I asked this last week, got no response.  I think the answers to Ghetto's question is no.  I watched some predictions on Flo and they were talking about JT & Mango possibly meeting up. I thought he was scheduled to wrestle but couldn't find anything anywhere.  I saw a blip somewhere that he was going up to 66 instead of 59 but then couldn't get any real details on that either.  But for sure Flo thought he was going to wrestle

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 10:25:23 AM
Does he get a bye to the finals of WTT for being an Olympian? Molinaro was in the tournament, so I would think not.

He doesn't get a bye.

imwi

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 02, 2017, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 02, 2017, 10:25:23 AM

He doesn't get a bye.

Here's what I had read
http://www.teamusa.org/News/2017/April/25/World-Team-Trials-Offers-New-Sense-Of-Hope-For-US-Greco-Roman-Team

and then at 66KG
http://www.fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/2017-us-greco-roman-world-team-trials-preview-66-kg/

OneEyedFatMan

I was wondering what's up with Andrew Howe?
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

mkm13

All 3 of them have really fallen off after they were no longer getting the coaching boost from Barry Davis.

I am only kidding.  I hope all three are able to continue wrestling at a high level.  I thought Thielke and Graff would have a good chance of winning their weight if they wrestled.

hammen

I would expect to see Tyler at WTTs, although Im not sure why he passed up the opportunity to earn the bye to finals. For Greco, this last weekend was their WTTs from my understanding.

Hungus

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 02, 2017, 04:55:12 PM
or Tyler Graff....

I read that Graff skipped the USOpen to train for the Pan Am games that are coming up
He already qualified for the WTT by placing at the Schultz.
You're killing me Smalls!!!

imwi

Quote from: hammen on May 02, 2017, 07:26:58 PM
I would expect to see Tyler at WTTs, although Im not sure why he passed up the opportunity to earn the bye to finals. For Greco, this last weekend was their WTTs from my understanding.

Which was confusing as heck to me but you are correct.  Greco was doing the best out of 3 but freestyle was not

SP

Anti-Inclusion Mafia

Ghetto

Quote from: heavy9278 on May 02, 2017, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 02, 2017, 04:55:12 PM
or Tyler Graff....

I read that Graff skipped the USOpen to train for the Pan Am games that are coming up
He already qualified for the WTT by placing at the Schultz.

Can he get through the tournament to wrestle Ramos? I'm not traveling to Omaha, but that would be fun to see Graff finally get over the hump and make a world team.

Hopefully Flo will have it streamed.

wrastle63

Ghetto

He wrestled matches above 130 in high school. Maybe it's time to move up to 66kg.