Started by TomM, January 26, 2017, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

CLC FAN

So this explains the "lineup shakeup" that some posters were hinting at.  I gotta say it makes sense to get JJ and TJ multiple matches on Saturday vs 1 match on Friday... especially when it comes to the minimum number they are up against in order to qualify for NCAAs.  I'll admit I don't know the nuances involved in qualifying for NCAAs, but this was a really respectable bit of transparency by the UW coaching staff.

wrastle63

Yes plus they aren't just resting them or protecting seeds. They are going for qualifiers which is great to see.

I looked at the schedule and assume JJ and TJ will not be wrestling against Iowa either. Looks like they will be going to the Edinboro Open. So instead of 2 matches against Iowa and PSU they will get more so they can qualify a spot for the Big Ten.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 11:04:58 AM
It is ducking and protecting seeds. It is for sure loses for both and they are going to tourneys where the competition is lower level.
They are going so they can get enough matches to qualify for nationals. They need to have 17 matches to have an rpi rank. Lol

Micah

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 01:48:40 PM
Is there a rule that they can't wrestle the night before a tournament? If there isn't then they could have 2 more matches for there rpi rank.  :o lol

While I think it would have been good for them to wrestle against PSU I don't think they are really protecting seeds.  Neither guy is going to get seeded at NCAAs.

I just don't think it really matters where they wrestle.

Manty77

It is ducking and protecting seeds. It is for sure loses for both and they are going to tourneys where the competition is lower level.
What is the seed that TJ is going to protect?  He's 2-1 in Bigs.  Not sure that buys him too much.  On the other hand, he went 4-0 today (med default in champ match) so that sure adds quite a number to his bout count.

SP

Pretty hard to wrestle on Friday night and then fly to Edinburg to wrestle the next day. Making weight twice is most likely the issue.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

Numbers

So you think Barry followed the Iowa way?  Clark ducked Nato last night to protect a seed.  Brands should be fired right?  Those crazy Iowa fans keep showing up to watch a team that is not going to win a national championship.  I guess the Iowa fans are okay with not winning.

Numbers

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 08:05:05 PM
Quote from: Numbers on January 28, 2017, 07:56:25 PM

So you think Barry followed the Iowa way?  Clark ducked Nato last night to protect a seed.  Brands should be fired right?  Those crazy Iowa fans keep showing up to watch a team that is not going to win a national championship.  I guess the Iowa fans are okay with not winning.
Statements like this is why you are one of the delusionals! ;D :o You are comparing a winning team, a tradition, a way of life, with Wisconsin! Iowa by the way beat the higher ranked team! And I can see why they would sit Clark! He is a contender for the national title unlike any of the mentioned guys from the Badgers. You've been Knighted!

Good to know that Iowa can "protect seeds", but not Barry.  If Barry sat either of his studs last night, you would have bashed Barry.  Both wrestle, and you still go negative on the Badgers.  Just drop the Knight handle and go with AntiBarry.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: Numbers on January 28, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 08:05:05 PM
Quote from: Numbers on January 28, 2017, 07:56:25 PM

Statements like this is why you are one of the delusionals! ;D :o You are comparing a winning team, a tradition, a way of life, with Wisconsin! Iowa by the way beat the higher ranked team! And I can see why they would sit Clark! He is a contender for the national title unlike any of the mentioned guys from the Badgers. You've been Knighted!

Good to know that Iowa can "protect seeds", but not Barry.  If Barry sat either of his studs last night, you would have bashed Barry.  Both wrestle, and you still go negative on the Badgers.  Just drop the Knight handle and go with AntiBarry.
Both of Barry's studs aren't hurt and haven't missed most of the season with a shoulder injury, but if they were then that would be a good enough excuse to sit em. Stop trying to bring up ridiculous comparisons.
But Ruschell who has been hurt most of the season is ducking. So you bash that for getting more matches so he can qualify nationals.

hammen

The English language is a stretch for him/her. Do you really think he/she has a logical or rational understanding of college wrestling?

MNbadger

Nothing funnier than Bugs Bunny and old Looney Tunes in general.  "Arise Sir Loin of Beef!"
Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qtgm5g5Gyo This is for all the Knighted!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

woody53

Geez, I will take the Verbal Knighting. Don't need to be Knighted with a Scepter !  ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 29, 2017, 04:57:32 PM
Arise Duke Woody of the WIAA tournament. Arise Sir Woody of landscaping, moving boulders, planting sod, planting trees, spreading mulch! Arise Lord Woody the longest oldtimer wrestler, referee, wearing knee high 1970's socks, polyester warmups, coach!  ;D Remember now that I'm saying this just like bugs bunny !
And I got hit in the head every Time. "London Bridge is falling Down...."

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Barou

Why can't the Badger program put together a preview like Iowa's?  Awesome information for fans.
JHI Mafia