Who do you got, Bo vs Zeke?

Started by leg turk, February 17, 2015, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Anybody have the scoop on these guys in the past going at it?  If they now wrestled each other 10 times, do they each win 5?

leg turk

Bun B

Bo, but I think it will be a good match

Bun B

although i should mention i am pulling for zeke

hammen

What's really wild is I remember on their trips - it was Zeke, Bo and Dinger all in the room on a football Saturday. I remember Bo, Zeke and Dinger going in a group with Graff, while Tommy and I scrapped with JT. There were some battles for sure. Pretty sure they all exchanged some good go's. It's crazy to think that all 3 are arguably the top guys at 1 weight. Pretty cool.

npope

Quote from: hammen on February 17, 2015, 09:21:30 PM
What's really wild is I remember on their trips - it was Zeke, Bo and Dinger all in the room on a football Saturday. I remember Bo, Zeke and Dinger going in a group with Graff, while Tommy and I scrapped with JT. There were some battles for sure. Pretty sure they all exchanged some good go's. It's crazy to think that all 3 are arguably the top guys at 1 weight. Pretty cool.

Who are Dinger and Tommy?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Micah

Hammen, that didn't happen on their official visits right  ;)  and there were no coaches present.

hammen

Oh course not Micah - just a few guys wanting to get a scrap in during the offseason.

Dinger - Alex Dieringer
Tommy - Tom Kelliher

hammen

It's crazy to think of first cousins wrestling each other at this level, potentially in the finals of the best conference in wrestling. Has this ever happened before?

Micah

I bet if you asked the question on the mat someone would know.  I have not watched Bo this year but I keep reading about how big he is, is there a noticeable difference in size between him and the other 165s? 

hammen

Quote from: Micah on February 18, 2015, 08:52:44 AM
I bet if you asked the question on the mat someone would know.  I have not watched Bo this year but I keep reading about how big he is, is there a noticeable difference in size between him and the other 165s? 

I've read the same. I would find it hard to believe he looks bigger than Alex, who looks bigger than a lot of 174's. Hope that keeping hisweight down this long doesn't wear on Bo ;)

billymurphy

I saw the Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma wrestling match a week or so ago.
Dieringer is the biggest.  The coaching staff at Oklahoma State think highly of Dieringer.

badgerjohn

Brothers Kelly (Badgers) and Casey Flaherty (Gophers) wrestled 165 lbs dual 01/30/2004 at Minnesota.

Oh yeah, the visitors won 17-16  ;D
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

vsmf2010

Quote from: hammen on February 18, 2015, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: Micah on February 18, 2015, 08:52:44 AM

I've read the same. I would find it hard to believe he looks bigger than Alex, who looks bigger than a lot of 174's. Hope that keeping hisweight down this long doesn't wear on Bo ;)

I have watched several of his matches and Bo does look big. Especially across his back and shoulders but part of that may be the OSU singlet which is really narrow across the shoulder blades and makes all of the guys look wide across the back. Bigger does not necessarily mean stronger and Zeke appears deceptively strong. I like Zeke's chances against anybody. He is very hard to take down. A terrific/dominant rider, and generally can always get out. Should be a fun few weeks.