Post Season

Started by Hayward, January 04, 2021, 04:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObsessedObserver

Its also very concerning to me that three of the regional sites in the mukwonago sectional are still not found

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on January 14, 2021, 01:18:41 PM
Its also very concerning to me that three of the regional sites in the mukwonago sectional are still not found

Very, hopefully those teams will be the only one's who don't get to compete.  Don't punish every school.  Which is a shame.  Those schools need to step up and host. 

ObsessedObserver

ok thank you and was I right on the sectional realignments? under each sectional there are 4 regionals and they are combining into one sectional?

DocWrestling

Kaukauna is hosting the state tournament on February 13th
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

ObsessedObserver

Thank you for anwsering all of my questions and clearing stuff up guys just one last question does Team state have a venue yet? or just individual at kaukauna

DocWrestling

I don't know all my geography but how many teams in regionals 1 and 2 are outside Dane County and able to host?
Beaver Dam?
Sauk Prairie?
Portage?
Baraboo?

Are those the only options?

mojo123

Quote from: ObsessedObserver on January 14, 2021, 01:30:00 PM
Thank you for anwsering all of my questions and clearing stuff up guys just one last question does Team state have a venue yet? or just individual at kaukauna

Also Kaukauna on 2/20/21. Says it at the top

Wrestling Novice

Quality wrestlers from the Waterford regional are going to miss out based on this.  Absolutely brutal.

I wonder who they consulted....my guess is no one.

ObsessedObserver

Quote from: DocWrestling on January 14, 2021, 01:30:40 PM

I don't know all my geography but how many teams in regionals 1 and 2 are outside Dane County and able to host?
Beaver Dam?
Sauk Prairie?
Portage?
Baraboo?

I'm not quite sure either
Are those the only options?

Wrestling Novice

This seems like a more inappropriate term01 way to determine team state...

Wrestling Novice

If your goal is to get the best to Sectionals now, the Brookfield East Sectional is not the way to go about it.

ObsessedObserver

Novice I believe they are doing it this way because the 7 day rule is still in effect so you would have to have another weekend for team sectional and that runs into spring football and the WIAA was not going to allow that

DocWrestling

Let's now just shift our focus to hoping no team or individual dreams will be shattered by a positive Covid test.
I think we also still have not heard from all schools on whether they will allow their teams to compete in the postseason especially those who have not competed yet.

I truly hope all stay healthy to get their opportunity.  I know in other sports many teams and individuals had very poor timing to have covid affect their postseason.  Good luck to all.

DocWrestling

I realize that decisions were made for healthy teams.  I am more worried about what happened in fall sports where teams had an outbreak right before postseason and missed regionals and thus missed the entire playoffs.  I am just hoping no individuals or teams miss the opportunity.  As I have heard from many in all sports for right or wrong "just don't get tested" and avoid as much as possible to not get quarantined.  This is why many athletes have chosen the virtual only option even if their school is in session

downtown

I am glad that the WIAA is taking two from each sectional in D1 now because it will get the majority of the top kids to state.  But I can't help but think the door is now open for the WIAA to split to 3 divisions evenly and go to four sectionals for each division and only taking eight total wrestlers to state in each division.  Couple that with girls wrestling being approved for a WIAA sport that will be the reason for only 32 wrestlers to state (24 boys and 8 girls) instead of 40 boys as it was up until 2020 season.  Maybe they will go 12 boy wrestlers at state for each division, but maybe they will want to keep everything the same between boys and girls.  This was the same thing the Olympics did when they brought on women's wrestling and would it be that far fetched if the WIAA followed that?  I hope not but the WIAA might be setting a precedent with this.