Badgers at the NCAA's

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., March 22, 2014, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

Quote from: Ghetto on March 24, 2014, 11:05:56 PMI haven't looked, but I'd say Medberry is around the same height as Chalfant and McClure . Both of those guys are jacked though. The Iowa heavy Telford is really tall. I still say he needs more muscle on that frame.
With muscle-beach guys like Chalfant and McClure, you're looking at genetics.  That's their natural build.  I'm sure Medberry has done plenty of weight training too.  He's added bulk since his freshman year.

Medberry is a lot smaller than Nelson, and even somewhat smaller than McMullin.   Medberry is not going to get any bigger.   Like McMullin, he's added some heft to his frame since freshman year, and this is it.

I wonder if Medberry has a decent workout partner.

Ya know, the big competitive advantage with the elite schools is they have such depth, plus former college stars as assistant coaches.   Wisconsin is on right track, but it takes a lot of talented bodies to build a team that can challenge the best.

stbird

He had Tobin this year who is also a good heavyweight.  Not sure who else he had. 

Quote from: Huckfinn on March 25, 2014, 12:05:26 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 24, 2014, 11:05:56 PMI haven't looked, but I'd say Medberry is around the same height as Chalfant and McClure . Both of those guys are jacked though. The Iowa heavy Telford is really tall. I still say he needs more muscle on that frame.
With muscle-beach guys like Chalfant and McClure, you're looking at genetics.  That's their natural build.  I'm sure Medberry has done plenty of weight training too.  He's added bulk since his freshman year.

Medberry is a lot smaller than Nelson, and even somewhat smaller than McMullin.   Medberry is not going to get any bigger.   Like McMullin, he's added some heft to his frame since freshman year, and this is it.

I wonder if Medberry has a decent workout partner.

Ya know, the big competitive advantage with the elite schools is they have such depth, plus former college stars as assistant coaches.   Wisconsin is on right track, but it takes a lot of talented bodies to build a team that can challenge the best.

stp

Quote from: Ghetto on March 23, 2014, 10:51:19 AM
Ryan Taylor losing that first match really hurt him in the tournament. I hope he's not cutting so much weight that 125 is out of the question for next year. He's a true talent.

Issac Jordan is frustrating to watch. His style is very much like a lot of guys in the NCAAs, take that one shot, make it happen, and ride a guy out. That can backfire against the top level talent. That didn't work for Howe or Nelson in the finals. I hope as he gets older he opens up more.

Overall the 16th place finish was disappointing, but the future seems bright.

RT I'm hoping can stay at 125.  Not sure how much more he will grow.  Both of his parents could make 125....granted his dad would have to cut hard.   Just sayin' he's gonna stay around that size for good.

The coaches will condition RT so he can maintain his weight better.

Zeke isn't a scrambler but has great hips.  The Jordan's don't believe in funk.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

billymurphy

Don't you think Brandvold wrestles with Medbery in practice?

woody53

Quote from: billymurphy on March 28, 2014, 01:14:58 PM
Don't you think Brandvold wrestles with Medbery in practice?

YES !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!