Sauk Praire
4 (8.3%)
Stoughton
13 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: January 15, 2017, 09:17:59 AM

Houndhead

bigG

I'd like to hear some banter before voting. Hope you been good, Hound!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ElectricGuy

I would make the argument that this Stoughton showing was just as impressive showing than out in PA

Stoughton placed ahead of:

Kaukauna    Nationaly ranked (#48) (NR) (#38) / State Ranked #1 D1

State Ranked:
St. Michael-Albertville    #4 AAA
Carl Sandburg    #9 AAA
Marmion Academy    #3 AAA
Simley    #3 AA
Waverly-Shellrock    #6 AAA
Edwardsville    #22 AAA
Platte County    #3 Class3
Pewaukee    #5 D1
Lyons TWP    #19 AAA
Milton    #4 D1
Hartland Arrowhead    HM D1
Fennimore    #2 D3
Two Rivers    #5 D2
Freedom    #3 D2
Sheboygan Falls    #11 D2

But I guess it's just the Cheesehead
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on January 10, 2017, 10:07:24 AM
I'd like to hear some banter before voting. Hope you been good, Hound!

Sun Praire won the Merril tournament. L/C beat Coleman 30-29. Lomira won the Rocket Scramble. Sauk Praire won their own tournament. Stoughton finished 7th at the Cheese. In my opinion, I voted for Sun Praire because they are not one of the traditional powers and have slowly been building their program. I think the win in Merril is another step in the right direction.

nutman

Stoughton and Kaukauna will continue to be neck and neck.  If you look at the results from the first round at the Cheesehead, Kaukauna had some close losses and Stoughton had a couple of come from behind victories.  For those of you trying to figure out the brackets...here's how it works. 

If the wrestler loses the qualifying match (Qualifying Match-The single brackets to the left of the round-robin pools under the 'Top of Page 1' Tab in the individual brackets.), the wrestler moves to the double-elimination consolation bracket with the best finish being 17th.   If the qualifying match is won, the wrestler qualifies for the four person round robin (to the right of the qualifying match).  The top 2 from the round robin go to the championship bracket with the worst finish possible is 8th.  The third and and 4th place finishers go into an 8-person bracket to battle for 9th-16th.

With that said, one more win or loss in the right place by either team and the results could be flipped.   Obviously everyone contributed to Stoughton's placement, but Cade Spilde had a couple of "never-say-die" wins that could have went the other way.   It just goes to show, results are a total team effort and every match counts.

ElectricGuy

Nut,   if your saying that kaukana under performed and stoughton over performed,  I disagree.

I think stoughton lost some close ones on pig tail to get in pool and in pool to get to top eight and then again in top eight placement round.   I feel stoughton left quite a few points on the table also.  Also was missing starter 113. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

nutman

Electric Guy,

I certainly didn't mean for the communication to come across like that.   I was just pointing out it was and will continue to be a tight race between the two teams.  In addition there was a couple of matches where Cade brought your fans to their feet.  So many times, people outside the team look at the highest placing members.   Being around the block in the wrestling world for a few years, I had to study the brackets a little bit to figure out how it all worked.   In order to appreciate how tight it really was between Stoughton and Kaukauna, I thought it was important to outline how the wrestlers advance as it makes a huge difference in scoring.  My whole point is based on the way the scoring was set up,  a win here or there made the difference as there was only a few points separating the two teams.  That's not a judgement or anything implied- it's how it turned out.  It is why in my opinion, Stoughton deserves the team of the week honor as the whole team contributed.   Nothing but respect for both teams.   Thanks for giving me an opportunity to clarify my position.

bigoil

Quote from: nutman on January 10, 2017, 03:21:53 PM
Electric Guy,

I certainly didn't mean for the communication to come across like that.   I was just pointing out it was and will continue to be a tight race between the two teams.  In addition there was a couple of matches where Cade brought your fans to their feet.  So many times, people outside the team look at the highest placing members.   Being around the block in the wrestling world for a few years, I had to study the brackets a little bit to figure out how it all worked.   In order to appreciate how tight it really was between Stoughton and Kaukauna, I thought it was important to outline how the wrestlers advance as it makes a huge difference in scoring.  My whole point is based on the way the scoring was set up,  a win here or there made the difference as there was only a few points separating the two teams.  That's not a judgement or anything implied- it's how it turned out.  It is why in my opinion, Stoughton deserves the team of the week honor as the whole team contributed.   Nothing but respect for both teams.   Thanks for giving me an opportunity to clarify my position.

And if you won that first match, you earned 11 team points (=16th place...plus any bonus points for pin, etc)if you lost, you could only earn bonus points, no placement points.