2014-2015 WI Wrestling Online HS Ranking Update: Individual #8 & Team #9 Feb. 11

Started by TomM, February 11, 2015, 08:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

2014-2015 WI Wrestling Online HS Ranking Update: Individual #8 & Team #9 Feb. 11

INDIVIDUAL & TEAM http://www.wiwrestling.com/rank/rankindex.htm

All suggestions will be given consideration.
Send your suggestions/comments to the Wisconsin Wrestling Online Ranking Committee at: < wiwresrankingstaff@wiwrestling.com  >

When you send suggestions please be certain to send the following:
-weight class they are now wrestling (not the one they 'plan' to be at later)
-full name of wrestler
-present year in school
-name of high school
-specific qualifications/accomplishments of the wrestler(s) you are suggesting

It would be appreciated if suggestions include the correct spelling of the wrestler's name, team, grade in school, and last weight wrestled or the weight most commonly wrestled as well as the specific event where the critical wins/losses occurred.

There are wins and then there are wins of a higher quality.  Wins (in the current high school season) against ranked opponents would be helpful to note.  Season win/loss ecords are helpful.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

boz21

I'll be at the lancaster regional this weekend and I see the division 3 rankings came out with 7(FE), 8(MP), 9(IG) and 10th(D/BH) ranked teams all in the same regional.  Lancaster itself isn't ranked but has 2 returning state champs.  Should be a barn burner who will get out as regional champs.  Whoever makes it out of this regional will win the team sectional and be at the state team tournament.  Also put ranked wrestlers at current weights below that will be fighting for the top spot. 

(IG)Sarbarcker - 8th
(FE)Blair - 9th

(FE)Lull - 1st

(FE)Nutter - 4th
(IG)Maylor - 6th

(FE)Tollefson - 9th

(MP)Baker - 3rd
(FE)Wardell - HM

(MP)Siegenthaler - 2nd
(D/BH)Novak - HM

145 (preview of state finals)
(LA)Martin - 1st
(MP)Forseth - 2nd

(MP)Pittz - 1st
(LA)Reynolds - 6th
(IG)Peat - HM

(MP)Schmitz - HM
(LA)Wolf - HM

(IG)Nowak - 2nd
(FE)Ashmore - HM

(FE)Steldt - 4th
(D/BH)Blosch - HM

195(another state finals preview and also another lancaster vs mp match up)
(LA)Chadd - 1st
(MP)Cody - 2nd

(IG)Soderstrom - 9th
(D/BH)Evanstad - HM

(D/BH)Wolf - 7th
(FE)O'Brien - 8th

Low Single

How about the Boyceville regional with #3 SVE, #4 CL, and #6 Boyceville?  Talk about a barn burner.   :o
60% of the time, it works every time!

missinghome

Sometimes people need to take these rankings for what they are. We have a kid who pinned his way through conference and dropped 2 spots. One kid he has beaten 3 times is ranked 2 spots ahead of him. One kid has 15 losses and is ranked 6th. One kid I see is ranked that has never wrestled that weight once this year? I know it is very hard to do and I am not bashing the ranking committee I am just saying take it for what it is for the most part it is who ever sends the most emails will get the most attention. There can only be one winner.

Ghetto

If those result don't get sent to the rankings committee, they will never know. There's only so much information out there.

It begs the question.... Why are we so bad as a sport about promoting ourselves?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

Why don't all the coaches submit all this info like they do in other sports?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

coleman

To be the man you have to beat the man!!!!

missinghome

I agree Getto. You would have thought after the Olympic thing happened there would have been a wake up call and wrestling would have taken a step in the right direction to start promoting the sport. Everyday you see people on here talking about wrestling numbers dropping but nobody ever seams to do a thing about it. The Olympic board for wrestling needs to hire a firm to promote it. Not an ex wrestler that know a headlock and a chicken wing but a firm that knows promotion. In today's social media world, promotion is a lot easier then it once was.

wraslfan

Quote from: Ghetto on February 12, 2015, 11:32:37 AM
If those result don't get sent to the rankings committee, they will never know. There's only so much information out there.

It begs the question.... Why are we so bad as a sport about promoting ourselves?
I know I've sent information on Oak Creek. Oak Creek beat Burlington at the Highlander, and placed ahead of Bay Port at the Marty Loy. Burlington has placed ahead of both Pulaski and Bayport, and beat Oak Creek in a dual meet. I'm not saying Oak Creek should be ahead of Burlington, rather both teams should be further up the rankings than they are. Pewaukee jumped ahead of Oak Creek after I sent the information, and Oak Creek hasn't lost.  ;D

We still have a returning state qualifier not ranked, and he's 25-2. (Isaiah Robinson)
Mitch Landgraf (106) beat Lassanske from Menomonee Falls at the Highlander, he's ranked below him.
Matt Berlin (113) has beat Dylan Koontz from Stevens Point at the Marty Loy, he's ranked below him.
McIntosh beat Fjoser (126), he's ranked below Fjoser.
Mlodzik beat Garcia, and Rodriguez...he's not ranked, or HM.
Ross Agg (195) beat Marks the last time they wrestled, and placed ahead of Gage and Zupke at the Highlander...he's not ranked or HM.

I'm not complaining, just doing my part in promoting the team! I don't claim I can do it any better, and yes...it all shakes out in the end.

It all shakes out in the end, but it is not for lack of trying to get recognition where it is due.

miltonfan#1

I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

CrossAnkle

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 12, 2015, 11:43:53 AM

A coach is there to coach, and not to worry about rankings. I think the system that we have in place and the individuals that take the time to set this all up do a fine job.

Pheasant 1984

You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

aspan43

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on February 12, 2015, 02:51:18 PM
Wow am I reading this right, Menomonie dropped out of the rankings? ::)

I saw that too.  They started the season #2 in D1.

Mack

Quote from: CrossAnkle on February 12, 2015, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 12, 2015, 11:43:53 AM

A coach is there to coach, and not to worry about rankings. I think the system that we have in place and the individuals that take the time to set this all up do a fine job.

Our coach only knows what is happening with the rankings when his family tells him (I know, because I'm married to him).  He doesn't read them.  He cares a little, but really, not that much; part of his mantra of controlling what you can control, and focusing on improving your own strengths; don't worry about the other guy.

That being said, I love the rankings.  I think they're tons of fun, even when they make me mad.  I feel like the rankings are more for the fans?  JMO

Maybe someone other than the coach should be responsible for reporting status updates to the committee.