2014-2015 WI Wrestling Online HS Ranking Update: Individual #7 & Team #8 Feb. 3

Started by TomM, February 04, 2015, 12:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

2014-2015 WI Wrestling Online HS Ranking Update: Individual #7 & Team #8 Feb. 3

INDIVIDUAL & TEAM http://www.wiwrestling.com/rank/rankindex.htm

All suggestions will be given consideration.
Send your suggestions/comments to the Wisconsin Wrestling Online Ranking Committee at: < wiwresrankingstaff@wiwrestling.com  >

When you send suggestions please be certain to send the following:
-weight class they are now wrestling (not the one they 'plan' to be at later)
-full name of wrestler
-present year in school
-name of high school
-specific qualifications/accomplishments of the wrestler(s) you are suggesting

It would be appreciated if suggestions include the correct spelling of the wrestler's name, team, grade in school, and last weight wrestled or the weight most commonly wrestled as well as the specific event where the critical wins/losses occurred.

There are wins and then there are wins of a higher quality.  Wins (in the current high school season) against ranked opponents would be helpful to note.  Season win/loss ecords are helpful.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

tiger

No doubt Stratford is a good team. I think they will win Team State, but what did they do to pass Coleman?

ElectricGuy

Quote from: tiger on February 04, 2015, 07:43:45 AM
No doubt Stratford is a good team. I think they will win Team State, but what did they do to pass Coleman?

7th place finish at Pulaski probably didn't help their case, along with Stratford's Bi-state 1st on their resume. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

bigdawg

Coleman was missing  few guys at Pulaski so that could've effected their team score and they also won the On the Water. I think Coleman is going to take Stratford this year it'll be close, but Coleman's guys are tough

wrestle84

So Bayport finished ahead of the #1 team at Pulaski and moved down a spot in the rankings?

Argile

I was just wondering why Type Lee is still ranked #1 since he hasn't wrestled since before the Cheesehead?  Just wondering.

tiger

wrestle84

Quote from: Argile on February 05, 2015, 07:39:11 AM
I was just wondering why Type Lee is still ranked #1 since he hasn't wrestled since before the Cheesehead?  Just wondering.

He's that good.

aarons23

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

NoFear

CrossAnkle

Quote from: tiger on February 04, 2015, 07:43:45 AM

That's what the talk was last year! And coleman pinned there way out of the Gym. This year will be a whole new experience, but that's one thing that Coleman has and that's experience. Those kids have all been there and done that before so they will not be shaken by what Stratford will throw at them. This run started in 2010, and every kid since then has been part of a team state championship. If I'm coleman I applaud the rankings team for doing what they did. Like they needed any extra motivation already this might add some more!

Argile

Kasey Calewarts didn't wrestle for two weeks and was taken out right away. And granted both wrestlers are very good but why Calewarts out and not Ty Lee?

tiger

aarons23

Quote from: tiger on February 05, 2015, 10:14:01 AM
Quote from: aarons23 on February 05, 2015, 08:34:49 AM
Because he hasn't lost. ;D ;D
Ty Lee has lost. He lost twice at the Minnesota Christmas Tournament.

Not since cheese head....which I was light heartedly refuring to. ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.