2014-2015 WIWrestling.com HS INDIVIDUAL Ranking Update Edition #4; January 13

Started by TomM, January 13, 2015, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

2014-2015 WIWrestling.com HS INDIVIDUAL Ranking Update Edition #4; January 13

http://www.wiwrestling.com/rank/individual.htm

All suggestions will be given consideration.
Send your suggestions/comments to the Wisconsin Wrestling Online Ranking Committee at: < wiwresrankingstaff@wiwrestling.com  >

When you send suggestions please be certain to send the following:
-weight class they are now wrestling (not the one they 'plan' to be at later)
-full name of wrestler
-present year in school
-name of high school
-specific qualifications/accomplishments of the wrestler(s) you are suggesting

It would be appreciated if suggestions include the correct spelling of the wrestler's name, team, grade in school, and last weight wrestled or the weight most commonly wrestled as well as the specific event where the critical wins/losses occurred.

There are wins and then there are wins of a higher quality.  Wins (in the current high school season) against ranked opponents would be helpful to note.  Season win/loss ecords are helpful.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

miltonfan#1

No dalton shea at 106?... alson nolan shea been wrestling126 an levi garett at 120
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

padre

I think the reason you don't see many Milton kids is because there is so little bit of of them on track this year it is hard to figure out who is even at what weight.

boowrestle

That plus i know dalton shea has been out all season and is just getting back from injury,not even sure how many matches if any he has wrestled,as A-rod would say RELAX he will be in the rankings in no time.(Big potential match with #2 Klein/Stoughton on thurs.:)
you can run but you cannot hide.

DocWrestling

Quote from: padre on January 14, 2015, 12:29:16 PM
I think the reason you don't see many Milton kids is because there is so little bit of of them on track this year it is hard to figure out who is even at what weight.

LOL! Same thoughts here as I have always thought of Milton as a top secret team(except for Maggie) as not much is on trackwrestling or they are wrestling in Illinois and you never really know who they are beating or competing against.

Who has McCarthy beaten?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

miltonfan#1

He beat forester from fort... i beilive his only losses come from the dvorek in Ill
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

padre

Quote from: miltonfan#1 on January 14, 2015, 02:02:51 PM
He beat forester from fort... i beilive his only losses come from the dvorek in Ill

Unless someone is actually from Milton at the meetings there is almost no way to know much information on them.  I'm sure the coaching staff is fine with that.

Dale Einerson

email directly to: wiwresrankingstaff @ wiwrestling.com

Rankings Input/Help/Suggestions

As we prepare the pre-season rankings, we realize there are many opinions on who can do what.  We appreciate all the help we can get and look forward to receiving it.  However, only half of the emails were worth reading. Some are not credible and have to be deleted.

We would like coaches, wrestlers, and fans to help us develop rankings. We need  people from different areas all over the state to help compile information from their respective areas to better improve the rankings. We encourage everyone to do so now and in the future. The Individual rankings are based on a number of criteria that includes: previous results, off season wrestling, and recommendations.  Please send ranking suggestions or comments to the ranking committee at: Report spelling errors or other comments/suggestions by clicking here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editors Note: Below is just a heads up to those wishing to send help regarding  rankings and would like their material considered seriously..  Don't be offended.  Thanks! (I think some of it is pretty funny!) In the past, only half of the emails were worth reading. Some are not credible and have to be deleted.

Rankings are done at weight wrestlers have wrestled so far, not weight wrestlers plan on making.

Emails are usually not helpful if they are similar to the following:

-"How is my kid not ranked, he beat Johnny last weekend in Shaker Heights?" (Perhaps you could inform us whom he has defeated instead of assuming we know.)

-"How is little Johnny ranked behind little Tommy when little Johnny beat little Tommy this year?" (see previous answer)

-"Hi, I was just wondering how often you update the rankings or what the criteria is to give someone a rank. I am only asking this because looking at some of the kids that are "ranked", I know of others that are much better." (Rankings are done by a group of people that compile emails sent from the coaches, wrestlers, and fans that have critiqued the past rankings.  Also, our staff continues to look at results and compare how wrestlers fare against each other.)

-"Smithville is a much better dual meet team than Caddyville.  Better be ranked this week." (OK and how are they better? That would really help us a lot, and is that a threat at the end? ;0)  )

-"Little Johnny is a stud, how is he not ranked?" (OK well, how good is he at wrestling, who has he defeated, what tournaments has he won, how is he a stud?)

-"Little Johnny's cousin Andy is awesome, he would have beat the 1st ranked guy had he not been hurt, and he would have beat the 2nd ranked guy had he not had gotten caught, and he would have beat the 3rd ranked guy had time not expired, and he would have beat the 4th ranked guy had the ref not screwed him over." (Excuses are non credible, so don't bother.)

-"Please take my kid off of the rankings, he hasn't proven himself." (Sorry but your kid is good, real good)

DocWrestling

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Dale Einerson

Huh, I have generally found that when most people meet me they are quite disappointed...see, I am but a shameless plagarizer of the cut-and-paste variety. 

1. Click on the Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page link on the upper right of your screen, then
2. Click on Rankings in the upper "ribbon," then
3. You should find TomM's 4S Super Secret Super Sleuth ranking committee's request for input under "Send Rankings Recommendations."

miltonfan#1

Quote from: padre on January 14, 2015, 02:08:06 PM

Unless someone is actually from Milton at the meetings there is almost no way to know much information on them.  I'm sure the coaching staff is fine with that.
I kno enough info on milton to put my two cents in

ramjet

Quote from: Tews19 on January 14, 2015, 03:44:09 PM
I have never met Dale but I am becoming a fan! Great post up above!!! I bet you all get some pretty interesting emails!

I have met Dale he is unassuming and decent he also is analytical and a wrestling fan. Although I do not always agree with him I certainly have some respect for him and his tenacity and detail oriented research of a topic. A as he said his cut and paste skills are top notch....

But he is not always correct .......... except in this case......

padre

Quote from: miltonfan#1 on January 14, 2015, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: padre on January 14, 2015, 02:08:06 PM

I kno enough info on milton to put my two cents in

Then send an email to the staff.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: ramjet on January 14, 2015, 07:02:41 PM
Quote from: Tews19 on January 14, 2015, 03:44:09 PM
I have never met Dale but I am becoming a fan! Great post up above!!! I bet you all get some pretty interesting emails!

I have met Dale he is unassuming and decent he also is analytical and a wrestling fan. Although I do not always agree with him I certainly have some respect for him and his tenacity and detail oriented research of a topic. A as he said his cut and paste skills are top notch....

But he is not always correct .......... except in this case......

I am not always correct, but I am seldom unsure of myself!