2015 Tournament Assignments

Started by Hoople, May 27, 2014, 11:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on May 29, 2014, 05:54:43 PM
I agree MN, attended both, coached in both. MN's system to get to state (both team and individual) is hand's down the winner.
As a clarification to your statement above for readers (it caught me off guard). It is only AT the state tournament that in the second round if the winner loses the 1st round loser goes home. NOT at Sectionals. So in that regard it's the same as WI, though I believe MN is much closer to fixing that problem than WI is.

3 divisions x 8 sections
Top 2 qualify (true 2nd)
16 man brackets for each division
8 mats
1st round matches are predetermined (bout # 110 on mat  8)
General admission so you can move closer to the mat where your wrestlers (or team) is at (and other people move to see their wrestler so there is no, or little "seat saving".
Cheerleaders 1st row of bleachers. Media does not get 10 foot runways matside to lounge in. That space is for mats and on-deck wrestlers.

Hey OP, are you reading this stuff?? We are talking WRESTLING man! All it takes is starting or adding to a thread. Oh, and whadda know, it pops up on the "unread posts" link. Wow, simply amazing! ;D ;D ;D ;D

you know folks would take the suggestions more serious if you didn't put that stupid sentence on there. ::)

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

CLC FAN

In looking at the WIAA bulletin, if we are indeed waiting on a Board of Control Decision, they first meet on June 26th!  I wonder if they could release the D1 assignments right now?  Those shouldn't change no matter what. 

bigoil

Quote from: bigoil on May 30, 2014, 06:22:42 AM
Wouldn't you wrestle to the top four and then 8 move on to sectionals?

One match to the Qtr, 3 to 5 th and 1 wrestle back to 4th.

That is why it would be a super regional because you'd be taking 4 instead of the 2.

Revising the above to make it more clear from what my understanding of what I read.

Wouldn't you wrestle to the top four and then 8 (two Super Regionals) move on to sectionals?

One match to the Qtr, 3 to 5 th and 1 wrestle back to 4th.

That is why it would be a super regional because you'd be taking 4 instead of the 2.