Always take down when given choice with 0-0 score

Started by John K, March 03, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army Ant

Choosing down generally seems like a good strategy, especially in 2nd period when the score is 0-0. However, it also depends upon the wrestlers. It isn't the right choice 100% of the time for 100% of the wrestlers wrestling 100% of the opponents.

bigG

True dat. I ain't letting Nick Simmons on top of me, yo. I still have bad dreams. ;)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kyle

Quote from: bigG on March 11, 2017, 06:05:17 PM
It's a good coaching point in terms of strategy. You want your kid to be able to think down the road on his feet (pardon the pun). I'm choosing down most of the time; but every now and again you get that leg riding stud who can stall you out of they get boots in and stay parallel forever....

Usually I'm choosing down, though.  ;D 

Facing Dake, I choose neutral...then run away when the whistle blows.

bigG
Did you lose a crucial match to a leg rider back in the day? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder for leg riders.

bigG

I was a leg rider. I'm actually pretty good at getting out. I've just noticed (using hindsight, which is never 20/20) how long the refs let it go with parallel hips on top. I've been called for stalling with two boots in and parallel (late 80's in college). Now, I don't see that call. Stale and start 'em over.

Watching Dake and Simmons is scary, though. If you've taken one of those beatings (I have, but many years ago) you remember it, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.