Joey Davey

Started by Todd, May 10, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Saw this young man on the news today and was really impressed with how he represented himself, put himself out there to stand up against those that mean to do harm to other kids different than them and demonstrated leadership.  Great job Joey, you're a great role model to your team and classmates and the whole wrestling/athletic community.

You must be a proud coach Ghetto. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

Ghetto

I didn't see that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll look at it online if I can find it.

I am proud of Joey for what he has become. He's like family to me.  My memories of Joey won't be him qualifying for state twice, or winning up in Madison, but for the mentoring he has done for our young guys and the difference he has made at WFB.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

It was a news piece featuring Athletes standing up against bullying, particularly homophobic attacks on gay kids and athletes that are coming out.  Joey talked about changing the language he heard in the locker room when someone would use the "f" word.  Well spoken, intelligent and a great role model for all athletes.  Some pros should take a lesson from him.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

It was a nice piece.  Of course they had to show video of a football player and not the wrestlers in the story.   ;)  And he should've worn WFB Wrestling not soccer.   :P  But our student orgs here at Bay do quite a nice job both with LGBTQ as well as a diversity group called D Group led by another Bay wrestler Rashadeem Gray.
Strive for Perfection

bkraus

And this is the first time I have come on here in awhile and the first topic I see is about Joey...  with him in my classroom.  How cool is that?
Strive for Perfection

Todd

Rashadeem Gray is also an outstanding kid.  First time I met him he was so great with my little guy.