Olympic Trials

Started by DocWrestling, April 19, 2024, 11:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Good seeing that Bono and Reader are in Amos corner but then was up 7-0 and got arm thrown for 4 and looked like he dislocated his shoulder and could not continue.

Dieringer looked good
Mirasola won a match and then lost to Brooks

Lots of Wisconsin guys

Every match is streamed on Peacock
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

gwmiller44

Amos could be done wrestling in college with the same shoulder injury. Isn't that what he hurt before?
Really? Think, Wow!

wrestle03

gwmiller44 - I believe you are correct.  I dont think Amos was comeing back to wrestle in college to begin with and this injury again tells me his college wrestling days are over.

charteroak1

Seth goes down as well.  Rough day for the WRTC.  Braxton has to be in a rough place right now mentally.  To spend a whole year on RS and then to lose and get injured, that's a double whammy

mkm13

Today sums up the state of the program.  Everything that can go wrong, basically has.

DocWrestling

Mesenbrink wrestles Jordan Burroughs tonight
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

wrestle03

Can the young gun Messenbrink knock off Burroughs?  Anyone think he has a chance?  I know there is always a chance. :)

gwmiller44

Bono just received a 5 year extension thru 2029!
Really? Think, Wow!

VQOriginal

Quote from: gwmiller44 on April 19, 2024, 05:26:28 PMBono just received a 5 year extension thru 2029!

There goes more WI kids and any hopes of top 10 recruits.

BadgerOne

Quote from: gwmiller44 on April 19, 2024, 05:26:28 PMBono just received a 5 year extension thru 2029!

This tells me that the UW doesn't really care about improving the wrestling team.  UW has lots of money to burn as Bono probably will collect more than $2 million before he leaves.  Give Bono a ton of money and he probably still couldn't field a top ten team. 

crossface21

It wasn't a 5 year extension. His contract went thru 2028. He got a standard 1 year roll-over which is pretty common at UW. This keeps his contract at 5 years. This has always happened in every sport, at least at UW.

Ghetto

We miss so many good topics because all of them fall back to the UW coaching staff.

Congratulations to Macey Kilty for winning the challenge bracket at 62KG!! Gonna have to wear my Macey Kilty shirt today. 
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Also Payton Jacobson from Elkhorn won the 87kg challenge tournament yesterday.

Elkhorn is a Greco hotbed, apparently.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

fightfightfight

Not the same shoulder. Amos injured his right shoulder yesterday. Had surgery on his left shoulder last year. Brutal.

hammer

Quote from: Ghetto on April 20, 2024, 07:34:01 AMWe miss so many good topics because all of them fall back to the UW coaching staff.

Congratulations to Macey Kilty for winning the challenge bracket at 62KG!! Gonna have to wear my Macey Kilty shirt today. 

I have to agree on missing many topics. Sad to see so many former Wisconsin wrestlers doing so well at every level that this forum dwells on Askren/Bono. I also have been guilty and needs to stop. Great job Macy!