Hodge Trophy Voting - Parker Keckeisen Candidate

Started by TomM, March 28, 2024, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

I encourage you to vote for Parker Keckeisen!
NCAA National Champion 2024 31-0
Multiple Time All-American
Wisconsin Native - 2X WIAA State Champion - Nicolet High School

The 2024 Dan Hodge Trophy Presented by ASICS Fan Vote
Hodge Trophy Voting Criteria:
1 – Record
2 – Dominance/Bonus-Point Percentage
3 – Quality of Competition
4 – Sportsmanship

https://www.win-magazine.com/2024/03/26/fanvote-2/?fbclid=IwAR1AcYRjy5Mv56w846zIBNI9L1ofaLgH7dm8trDxvLJaFtLsTYgt0UWBIr8
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

BadgerOne

Keckeisen did have a great year, but personally I think Aaron Brooks deserves it, so he has my vote.  While they were both undefeated and were bonus point machines, 197 was tougher weight than 184. PK lost to AB last year and he also lost to Hidlay last year who both moved up to 197 this year.  Plus AB's career accomplishments are better.  PK is deserving, but AB is a bit more deserving.

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 28, 2024, 02:21:22 PMKeckeisen did have a great year, but personally I think Aaron Brooks deserves it, so he has my vote.  While they were both undefeated and were bonus point machines, 197 was tougher weight than 184. PK lost to AB last year and he also lost to Hidlay last year who both moved up to 197 this year.  Plus AB's career accomplishments are better.  PK is deserving, but AB is a bit more deserving.

Hodge is based on one year and on dominance. Keck should win this. He actually wrestled a full season and recorded many more wins than Brookie. Keck defeated world number 2 Plott 3 times this season! The 3rd place finisher at 184 also came from the big 12.

Brooks beat Hidlay, but not sure who else. No one else from the big ten even made the podium in KC. The point is this: Keck had a much much tougher schedule than ab and deserves this thing. Let's get this Wisconsin kid the Hodge everyone!
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 30, 2024, 10:05:10 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 28, 2024, 02:21:22 PMKeckeisen did have a great year, but personally I think Aaron Brooks deserves it, so he has my vote.  While they were both undefeated and were bonus point machines, 197 was tougher weight than 184. PK lost to AB last year and he also lost to Hidlay last year who both moved up to 197 this year.  Plus AB's career accomplishments are better.  PK is deserving, but AB is a bit more deserving.

Hodge is based on one year and on dominance. Keck should win this. He actually wrestled a full season and recorded many more wins than Brookie. Keck defeated world number 2 Plott 3 times this season! The 3rd place finisher at 184 also came from the big 12.

Brooks beat Hidlay, but not sure who else. No one else from the big ten even made the podium in KC. The point is this: Keck had a much much tougher schedule than ab and deserves this thing. Let's get this Wisconsin kid the Hodge everyone!

I thought 3rd place was Oregon State and SDSU got 4th but so what. I also thought PSU got 5th and MN got 6th at the big tens but once again, so what.

Both put up the numbers and both deserve it. I personally voted for PK due to amount of matches he got in and bonus point by sure volume of matches. Each to thier own and that is why it is a vote.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

BadgerOne

PK finished runner up to AB.  Both were deserving and congrats to AB on winning the Hodge as he's had a helluva career as one of the few four timers.