Hamiti to transfer portal

Started by crossface21, March 25, 2024, 02:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: MNbadger on March 25, 2024, 06:57:29 PMNo, NIL is separate from scholarship.
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 25, 2024, 06:38:20 PM
Quote from: charteroak1 on March 25, 2024, 06:27:05 PMWas mentioned 2 years at $200,000.  Not a bad pay day for a college wrestler. 

Not a bad pay day for sure. Though I bet he is paying for tuition, taxes and other expensive out of that. Once you get NIL deals like that they usually aren't getting any scholarship money. Not sure how.much it costs to go to Michigan but I bet taxes and school eat up have that money right off the bat.

Maybe I have it wrong but if your getting a big NIL deal you probably aren't getting a full scholarship either. I think the minimum scholarship is .2 and maybe probably getting that and the rest in NIL.

Some schools are using NIL as a type of scholarship to get kids in. Some getting big scholarships and lesser NIL and some lesser scholarship and more NIL.

I think your Gophers are working that in a few cases.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Vir Fortis

Quote from: MNbadger on March 25, 2024, 06:57:29 PMNo, NIL is separate from scholarship.
Quote from: charteroak1 on March 25, 2024, 06:27:05 PMWas mentioned 2 years at $200,000.  Not a bad pay day for a college wrestler. 

Not a bad pay day for sure. Though I bet he is paying for tuition, taxes and other expensive out of that. Once you get NIL deals like that they usually aren't getting any scholarship money. Not sure how.much it costs to go to Michigan but I bet taxes and school eat up have that money right off the bat.

I believe that was the point of this statement...

bigoil

2 years? Doesn't he only have one year left? '22, '23, '24 leaves one more year.

MNbadger

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 25, 2024, 10:10:02 PM

And my point is that they are usually getting both.  I read their post as that they are saying they don't get scholarship money and NIL.  That is not the case.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Vir Fortis

Quote from: MNbadger on March 26, 2024, 05:17:04 AM

And my point is that they are usually getting both.  I read their post as that they are saying they don't get scholarship money and NIL.  That is not the case.

I do not believe that's the case. I don't believe Suriano got a scholarship, don't think most of Michigan's kids who got significant NIL deals got both.

charteroak1

Quote from: bigoil on March 26, 2024, 04:31:49 AM2 years? Doesn't he only have one year left? '22, '23, '24 leaves one more year.

Redshirt and Senior year. 

gwmiller44

Really? Think, Wow!

MNbadger

" "I would say likely the kids that have the biggest paydays that we're hearing about are often already on scholarship," Strasman said."
This was in regard to NIL money fron Business Insider.
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 26, 2024, 05:52:31 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 26, 2024, 05:17:04 AM

I do not believe that's the case. I don't believe Suriano got a scholarship, don't think most of Michigan's kids who got significant NIL deals got both.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

No One Cares

Just announced he is heading to OK State

VQOriginal

Man was the country off on that one! Much luck to him!

vsmf2010

vsmf2010

Not that is any of my business but hopefully he went to summer school and he will get his degree from the UW before he is done here this spring. Much more highly thought of University than Ok St.

No One Cares

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 27, 2024, 02:01:45 PMNot that is any of my business but hopefully he went to summer school and he will get his degree from the UW before he is done here this spring. Much more highly thought of University than Ok St.

It's none of your business. 

vsmf2010

Quote from: No One Cares on March 27, 2024, 02:02:31 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 27, 2024, 02:01:45 PMNot that is any of my business but hopefully he went to summer school and he will get his degree from the UW before he is done here this spring. Much more highly thought of University than Ok St.

It's none of your business. 

I know that is what I said. Are you a parrot?

charteroak1

WOW!

If you can't beat them, join them.

Best of luck to DJ.  I'm sure he'll be fine regardless of what is stamped on his degree.