Congrats to the Former Wisconsin high school Kids

Started by No one, March 25, 2024, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

If we were to make a team of our WIAA alums at NCAAs, here is what we could have had, using only our highest point earner per weight class.

125 - Eric Barnett (WI) 4th Place 15.5 points
133 - No qualifier
141 - Greyson Clark (PUR) DNP .5 points
149 - No qualifier
157 - Matty Bianchi (LR) 0 points
165 - Keegan O'Toole (MIZZ) 3rd place 21 points
174 - Max Maylor (WI) DNP .5 points
184 - Parker Keckeisen (NI) 1st Place 26 points
197 - Stephen Buchanan (OK) 3rd place 17 points
285 - Sam Mitchell (BUFF) DNP 1.5 points

Total - 82 points.  That team would have finished 2nd place in the whole tournament!  Did I miss anyone?
Congrats to all involved in developing WIAA wrestling to it's current level. 

1Iota

If you use Messenbrink at 165 we get even more points.

Numbers

On this roster Messenbrink would have been at 157 and the team would be around 100 points.

No one

Quote from: 1Iota on March 25, 2024, 11:56:54 AMIf you use Messenbrink at 165 we get even more points.

According to Track, KOT scored 21.0 and Mitchell scored 19.5  Keegan had 3 falls and a tech.  The bonus points put him ahead of Mitchell. 

I tried to keep the scoring objective and not ponder what could have been with moving kids around.

1Iota

Quote from: No one on March 25, 2024, 12:28:56 PM
Quote from: 1Iota on March 25, 2024, 11:56:54 AMIf you use Messenbrink at 165 we get even more points.

According to Track, KOT scored 21.0 and Mitchell scored 19.5  Keegan had 3 falls and a tech.  The bonus points put him ahead of Mitchell. 

I tried to keep the scoring objective and not ponder what could have been with moving kids around.

Interesting.  Crazy that you can score more team points for finishing 3rd instead of 2nd.

badgerjohn

Quote from: No one on March 25, 2024, 10:49:53 AMIf we were to make a team of our WIAA alums at NCAAs, here is what we could have had, using only our highest point earner per weight class.

133 - No qualifier
149 - No qualifier

Total - 82 points.  That team would have finished 2nd place in the whole tournament!  Did I miss anyone?

Yep, those are the results.  But it's flawed logic.  No chance all those kids finish with those results without the coaching and practice partners that got them to achieve what they did.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Ghetto

Did anyone catch Keegan O'Toole's interview on Flo?

He's building a house in Columbia. Gonna repeat that. He's building a house as a college student.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

No one

Quote from: badgerjohn on March 25, 2024, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: No one on March 25, 2024, 10:49:53 AMIf we were to make a team of our WIAA alums at NCAAs, here is what we could have had, using only our highest point earner per weight class.

133 - No qualifier
149 - No qualifier

Yep, those are the results.  But it's flawed logic.  No chance all those kids finish with those results without the coaching and practice partners that got them to achieve what they did.

No conclusion was presented, so I am not sure what logic was flawed.  It's simply a collection of WIAA kids who performed at NCAAs.  I don't think anyone can say why they achieved what they did. Maybe they would perform equally as well, maybe they wouldn't.  It's impossible to know.

charteroak1

Quote from: Ghetto on March 25, 2024, 06:33:21 PMDid anyone catch Keegan O'Toole's interview on Flo?

He's building a house in Columbia. Gonna repeat that. He's building a house as a college student.

Yep, I caught it.  Sorry to hear about his mother as well.  Best wishes to them.

Quite an unbelievable team that would be.  I wonder if they would all wrestle for one particular coach if that said coach was as at certain particular university? 

hammer

Nice job former Wisconsin wrestlers. They have done well and I believe the trend will continue!