Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

GradeTough

Quote from: The Last Ride on December 13, 2019, 05:37:54 PM
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=28290225

Wow, Thoughts on this.
It's true. It's just that Packers fans won't admit it. He's average at best.

Houndhead

Needs to get rid of the ball sooner. It seems like they struggle to find a rhythm on offense.

Ghetto

Average at best.

Huh.

Wow.

Ok.

I'll agree that he is too often trying to hit the big play and isn't going through progressions like he should. He also fixates on Adams when he's in the game, and for whatever reason still thinks Jimmy Graham is a viable option.   

He can make throws that one other QB in the NFL can make happen.  He may not have the statistics that make you say wow, but his talent level is still above all but Patrick Mahomes.

All those talking heads want a hot take. I'm sure Greenberg got tons of hits to his social media. It's easy to tick off Packer fans.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

The Last Ride

Quote from: Ghetto on December 14, 2019, 04:54:48 PM
Average at best.

Huh.

Wow.

Ok.

I'll agree that he is too often trying to hit the big play and isn't going through progressions like he should. He also fixates on Adams when he's in the game, and for whatever reason still thinks Jimmy Graham is a viable option.   

He can make throws that one other QB in the NFL can make happen.  He may not have the statistics that make you say wow, but his talent level is still above all but Patrick Mahomes.

All those talking heads want a hot take. I'm sure Greenberg got tons of hits to his social media. It's easy to tick off Packer fans.
"I'll agree that he is too often trying to hit the big play and isn't going through progressions like he should. He also fixates on Adams when he's in the game, and for whatever reason still thinks Jimmy Graham is a viable option. "

When Adams was gone with his injury Rodgers seemed to get rid of the ball and the offense moved . In the first quarter of games Rodgers leads all QB in yards and rating.. Are they not adjusting well enough when defense makes their adjustments?  I would like to see him get rid of balls faster. Also get into no huddle. and don't snap the ball with 1/2 second left.. THey can put the Division away with win tomorrow. And if the get win at MN they could get first round bye and Rodgers can play out of his mind and win the super bowl and shut everyone up.

– Yoda

The Last Ride

Made some Aaron Rodgers throws but wow some bad decisions. I hope they find a way to correct the 3rd down plays. Hope he catches lightning in the bottle in the playoffs...  :o

– Yoda

Houndhead

So if Aaron Rodgers is average at best and the Packers still manage a 13-3 record with an average QB, would that make Matt LeFluer a shoe in for Coach of the Year?

Ghetto

If the Packers go deep in the playoffs I think he'll get it.

Rodgers was terrible this weekend. Can't have that in the playoffs.

GradeTough

Quote from: Houndhead on January 03, 2020, 12:12:50 PM
So if Aaron Rodgers is average at best and the Packers still manage a 13-3 record with an average QB, would that make Matt LeFluer a shoe in for Coach of the Year?
You can win and win the SuperBowl with average quarterbacks. Football "fans" tend to forget there are more players on the field than just the quarterback. Last I checked he doesn't play any position on special teams and defense. If the Packers are only Rodgers might as well play 1 v 11.

downtown

Greenberg getting the packers fans all hot and bothered.  Rodgers is what his statistics say he is.  Greenberg highlighted the ones that fit his argument.  But he isn't that far off on what Aaron Rodgers is.  His QB rating is the 20th in the NFL, his yardage is 11th in the NFL, his touchdowns are 8th in the NFL and his interceptions is tied for 1st in the NFL.  So that tells you that is statistically a slightly better that average QB.  But there is something to be said for having a guy who has the experience and the "been there and done that" in the qb position.  His leadership and experience is worth a lot during crunch time.  Rodgers isn't a top 5 qb in the league any more.  But he is a top 10.

ramjet

LOL Rodgers is NOT an average QB never has if you want to criticize him that's fine. His receiving core is a joke most of them have little idea how to find soft spots in the zones or even admin when he is scrambling. Entirely new system he needs to step up agreed but Greenberg is a putz. That guy has barely enough athletic ability to tie his shoes. The fact is folks we are the number two seed we won allot of games. The loss that bothered me the most were the Charger. I remember listening to all the critics about Favre as well just laughable. Different system substandard receiving core that are living up their potential and darn good running game.

MNbadger

If Rogers (or Favre for that matter) had the quality and consistency of receivers Tom Brady has had, they would both make him look average.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ghetto

Quote from: MNbadger on January 13, 2020, 11:52:39 AM
If Rogers (or Favre for that matter) had the quality and consistency of receivers Tom Brady has had, they would both make him look average.

Are you saying that Rodgers has a good WR corps? Or that Brady has?

I'd say that neither have had great WR recently. Both the Packers and the Patriots have neglected that position and hoped that their QB would carry the load.

I'm too lazy to look up the Patriots, but Rodgers:

Adams-2nd round
Allison- UDFA
Kumerow- UDFA
MVS- 5th round
Lazard- UDFA
St. Brown- 6th round

Jimmy Graham was a high pick 10 years ago.

I hate on Jimmy Graham, but he came up big last night. Still hope he gets cut after this season.

MNbadger

I am saying in general over each of their three careers, Brady consistently had more better (sorry about the verbiage) receivers.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

Whatever the packers are doing it is working.

NFC championship game
14 and 3 record
Lots of drinks getting sold along with jerseys so whatever they got going I hope they keep it up, it works!

Ghetto, Graham isnt bad, not great but i will take him at this point since the pack seem to have no interest in drafting much. I do like that Texas am guy, jace......
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet