Breske vs. Ramos 182 D1

Started by MarkK, February 27, 2016, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

I';lll try and comment on Blome and Kaminski as well D2
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

Ok Breske put on a clinic.   Great talent

TLV

Not Boring. Beau is just that much better. Anderson of Hudson came in undefeated and he put a clinic on him......and Anderson got all four of wins by fall. I think  we are comparing great H.S. wrestlers to a University D-1 wrestler.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

woody53

Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 28, 2016, 09:37:41 AM
Ramos didn't look like he had any intensity! He didn't make any full attempts of offense. I thought it was boring.
How can you say a State final is boring? No matter what happens, everyone is giving their all !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

wrestler6

Agreed Woody... No complaints here!
Tyler

SuperDuck

Quote from: TLV on February 28, 2016, 11:32:57 AM
Not Boring. Beau is just that much better. Anderson of Hudson came in undefeated and he put a clinic on him......and Anderson got all four of wins by fall. I think  we are comparing great H.S. wrestlers to a University D-1 wrestler.

I watched Breske's semi's match(as well as the finals) and to me it just looked like he was just more physically mature than the kid.  I even thought, "that's a kid who MIGHT struggle a bit in college when he wrestles other guys that strong with really great technique...guys who are on a Bo/Zeke/Snyder type level.
Then I realized the semi-finals kid was undefeated.  And it was pretty obvious he wasn't just physically dominant, he makes it look that way because he's so fundamentally sound as well.

The closest current College Wrestler I can compare him to is Martinez from ILL.  He doesn't look like David Taylor or John Smith. He doesn't hit that 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd shot very often...because he doesn't have to.

Hope he has good lucky with the bod at the next level because he'll be special. And Jordan Burroughs and Green working on him everyday in practice?  If he doesn't get a lot better it's because he doesn't want to(and that's the opposite of what I've heard about him...albeit from afar).

woody53

Quote from: SuperDuck on February 28, 2016, 01:15:01 PM
Quote from: TLV on February 28, 2016, 11:32:57 AM

I watched Breske's semi's match(as well as the finals) and to me it just looked like he was just more physically mature than the kid.  I even thought, "that's a kid who MIGHT struggle a bit in college when he wrestles other guys that strong with really great technique...guys who are on a Bo/Zeke/Snyder type level.
Then I realized the semi-finals kid was undefeated.  And it was pretty obvious he wasn't just physically dominant, he makes it look that way because he's so fundamentally sound as well.

The closest current College Wrestler I can compare him to is Martinez from ILL.  He doesn't look like David Taylor or John Smith. He doesn't hit that 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd shot very often...because he doesn't have to.

Hope he has good lucky with the bod at the next level because he'll be special. And Jordan Burroughs and Green working on him everyday in practice?  If he doesn't get a lot better it's because he doesn't want to(and that's the opposite of what I've heard about him...albeit from afar).
Bo has the Mentality and the physical abilities to achieve at the next level. It is about who teaches him and who directs him now. Just my opinion..
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

imwi

On Saturday, I heard a Hartford parent tell some folks that Beau is a better person than he is a wrestler, maybe not the exact quote but you get the point.  I have always heard great things about him off the mat...we all know about his conduct on the mat. I expect he will excel at Nebraska and I will enjoy following his career.