Snow Blower

Started by Kjohnson, December 22, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Tip I learned a few years ago...
Spray inside of blower and chute with WD-40... snow doesn't stick.  I spray all the moving parts and anything that may rust or has paint missing.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on December 24, 2013, 08:26:37 PM
Sears had a 45" walk behind snowblower when I was there yesterday. That thing was huge!

compared to you, about anything is HUGE!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I dont have a big driveway either but out on the hill I live on it blows like mad!

140 feet long and 24 feet wide at the road and then down to 18 feet before I hit the backaround area and then it is 30 feet wide and the back around area is another 20 by 40..

The problem with the blade is if we get alot of snow I have trouble pushing it off the driveway due to the nice snow walls I get built up ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 25, 2013, 10:03:30 AM
I dont have a big driveway either but out on the hill I live on it blows like mad!

140 feet long and 24 feet wide at the road and then down to 18 feet before I hit the backaround area and then it is 30 feet wide and the back around area is another 20 by 40..

The problem with the blade is if we get alot of snow I have trouble pushing it off the driveway due to the nice snow walls I get built up ;)

Just enclose the whole thing in a custom garage and you've solved the problem.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 25, 2013, 10:01:07 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on December 24, 2013, 08:26:37 PM
Sears had a 45" walk behind snowblower when I was there yesterday. That thing was huge!

compared to you, about anything is HUGE!

Haha. I wish I had the cash to buy one, just so I could push that monstrosity around the neighborhood.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

a new one for a guy at work (this isn't actually him).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdw3L_EKcJ0

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigoil

My Co-worker said he did about half his driveway. I think it would be great on a patio or sidewalk.

imnofish

Set it up to work like a Roomba and you'll have a winner.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!