Snow Blower

Started by Kjohnson, December 22, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

I love my snow blower. I told my wife many years ago. We don't go down to the river to wash our clothes, we use a MACHINE. And if I'm going to move snow, I'm not doing it with a stick that has a piece if sheet metal on the end, I'm using a MACHINE. I know we need to have equality between men and women, but how come I'm the one who gets up and clears snow. I let my wife know sometime inequality is a good thing ( I sure hope it's not too cold out in the garage tonight)

Southeast Wisconsin got hit.  It was a perfect storm,  Started late, ended by 10:30, no wind, not too heavy and the Packer game is at 3:30....... Perfect.

I still use a 24 year old snow blower. Starts on the first pull, but the rest is starting to show its age.  I'm going to have to spend some money to replace a few parts. The bottom metal strip is gone and the chute wont stay in place.  As long as it runs so well, can't see any reason to get rid of it.

I hope everyone got home safely from the tournaments.

DrSnide

I have two 16 year old snow removal machines, I call them Alex and Jacob.  I have a 19 year old one when college is on break. ;)

Pretty expensive to maintain, they all take a lot of fuel ;D
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Ghetto

Mine is busted. Thankfully I have neighbors who feel sorry for me.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

True. I feel great untl something takes a dump. Then, magically, an AC tractor shows up, backs up 5x; and we're done. I cut his grass when he's gone, got a lotta grass, with  alotta hills with alotta trees.pTeey, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kjohnson

Quote from: Ghetto on December 22, 2013, 03:27:44 PM
Mine is busted. Thankfully I have neighbors who feel sorry for me.

When time permits, I clean my neighbor's drive. I don't accept anything from him, I tell him to put extra $$ into the red pail

bigoil

A friend at work purchased an electric one for $100 on eBay, said it worked great yesterday.

He said it had plenty of power. Auger maybe turns faster?

littleguy301

I have a plow on my mower, 54" blade and I love it.

I do mine and the neighbors across the road and the neighbor down the road and if I have the time I head that mower down tot he church and plow the sidewalks. I do the church because my dad still believes that shoveling is the best way to do it and he will but he is 75 and I try to give him a break ;D

Me, my John Deere and my headphones and life is good!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want money either, just like being a neighbor ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Five years ago, I got a new snowblower and gave my old one to my son.  It's 25+ years old and still works great.  He had to replace a few parts, but nothing too expensive.  He's pretty handy, so he enjoyed fixing it up.  He also has my old lawn tractor, which is about the same age.

This year, I got a plow for my ATV and I really like it.  Makes it pretty easy to plow my driveway and my father's driveway, which is across town.  The end of my winch cable snapped tonight, so I was really glad that I still had a snowblower. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: howavi on December 23, 2013, 07:12:30 PM
A friend at work purchased an electric one for $100 on eBay, said it worked great yesterday.

He said it had plenty of power. Auger maybe turns faster?

I just had to google, to see who makes an electric snowblower. Toro has 3 different sizes.

http://www.toro.com/en-us/homeowner/snow-blowers/electric/Pages/Model.aspx?pid=1800-Power-Curve-38381

woody53

Come on you wimps. Snowblowers ? I do Snowplowing in the winter because I am in Landscape Contracting. When I am done, I come home and hand shovel my 90' double wide driveway. You guys are wrestlers.  ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigG

If you want to rassle my snow; I'll let you have at it. FREE! ;)

imnofish

Quote from: woody53 on December 24, 2013, 11:04:37 AM
Come on you wimps. Snowblowers ? I do Snowplowing in the winter because I am in Landscape Contracting. When I am done, I come home and hand shovel my 90' double wide driveway. You guys are wrestlers.  ;)

My driveway if 40' long and triple wide.  You should see the mountain range I deal with after our street gets plowed.  Then I go do my elderly father's driveway, which is well over 100' and then does a right turn into a parking area in front of his 2 car garage.  I am an OLD wrestler, who doesn't want to die doing snow removal.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

You can have my ATV...when you pry it from my cold dead hand.

I'm just a 100 ft. long and 15 wide. Shovel after wet snow, 2 hours, snow blower .5 hour. ATV 10 minutes. Just trying to improve production. :)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 24, 2013, 01:58:54 PM
You can have my ATV...when you pry it from my cold dead hand.

I'm just a 100 ft. long and 15 wide. Shovel after wet snow, 2 hours, snow blower .5 hour. ATV 10 minutes. Just trying to improve production. :)

I hear ya'.  I removed a big layer of slush with mine that no snowblower could touch.  That's a result that I can really appreciate.

Ghetto

Sears had a 45" walk behind snowblower when I was there yesterday. That thing was huge!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove