Why not more in attendance?

Started by Musky Hunter, February 23, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musky Hunter

With all the youth wrestlers around and the price so cheap I just don't see why more people don't come to these events.  What are your thoughts?  Being lucky to have both football and hoops tickets I see kids and parents all over together.  Why do not more parents take their wrestling kids to these events?  I was never a wrestler and love going to watch this team compete. 

eagleeye

I would love to, but the four hour drive each way is tough.
I do thank hammen for his updates during the matches. It keeps me glued to the computer during most matches
Live long and prosper

Say-Say

I'd love to see the stats on ticket sales over the past five years.

rv84

Lots of youth wrestling tournaments are on Sundays. There was one  in Sauk Prairie today.

Harris

My son has wrestled 46 varsity matches this year.  He has been practicing 4 to 5 days a week plus duals and tournaments for 3 months.  The last thing he wants to do right now is watch more wrestling.  He won't even watch it when I have it on the TV.

jjgris

Sorry, Went to Birkie for first time, what a rush. There is something about individual sports hat just draws me. Wish I could have watched Jordan and Medbery this weekend though.

Manty77

I generally attend every home dual.  The reason I couldn't attend the NE and IA duals is because I had to make some tradeoffs. Over the past 3 weeks I went to the HS conf, Reg, and Sectional tourneys.  This week I'll go to the HS State tourney on Thur, Fri, and Sat, and the following week I'll be the Big Ten tourney.  There is no way I could justify spending even more time this weekend away from the family. I wish the Badgers were able to space their home duals more evenly throughout the season.

imnofish

My back is sore from sitting in the bleachers all yesterday at sectionals.  Didn't feel like driving 4 hours (sitting) to watch a match (sitting), then drive back 4 more hours (sitting).  I know I would enjoy being there, but getting there and back is just too much of a PAIN.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

badgerjohn

I suffered thru the 18 minute drive Friday and Sunday   ;D  and I did NOT get booted out either time   ;)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Manty77

Quote from: badgerjohn on February 24, 2014, 07:44:17 AM
I suffered thru the 18 minute drive Friday and Sunday   ;D  and I did NOT get booted out either time   ;)

;D   ;D

imnofish

I'm glad your long commute was worth the effort.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Chinpin

Hey, John: did you hear the "dialog" reportedly going on between the Iowa Broadcasters and some of the fans? ;D Would appreciate your take.
Also, some moaning on this side  of the Mississippi about Zeke and STJ not wrestling until the end of the 3rd period. Again, would like to hear your description of the match. Go Badgers!

hasbeen132

manty you could sit on the other side for awhile ;D ;D
hasbeen132

Spartan

Were you the one that got booted out during the UW OSU Dual?

DrWhargoul

We tend to miss the Sunday duals for youth tournaments.  We tend to go to the Friday nighters.  It might tough for a lot of HS kids to make it to the Friday nighters with practice and homework and whatever else.

If you're talking about attendence in general, there was a hockey game at the Kohl Center during the NE dual, so there's always the other teams to consider.  Where they are, when they're playing.  Most of the non-Lakeshore dorms are a lot closer to Kohl than to the Fieldhouse.
JYD96