top 10 high school wrestlers in the state

Started by Andersonman1234, August 17, 2017, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: grasshopper on September 10, 2017, 12:28:57 AM
Quote from: Andersonman1234 on August 18, 2017, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on August 18, 2017, 08:28:44 AM
Can you take a list seriously that leaves off two wrestlers who will be trying to become 4x state champs this year?

Aj Schoenfuss
Sam Stuhl

I would add Garrett Joles and Brock Shlough also.
The only one in that list that is worthy of being in top ten is  Sam Stuhl. The rest are good wrestlers but if you put them in d1 there not going to be close to the success they have now.
That is a ridiculous thing to say in my opinion. I can't speak for the other wrestlers necessarily, but I've followed Joles a bit and I know for a fact that Joles would still be a very accomplished wrestler in D1. For crying out loud last year Joles (a lowly D3 195 pound state champion) majored the D1 220 pound state runner up, teched  (yeah teched) the D2 220 pound state champ, and won 12-5 against the D2 195 state champion, AND and won his state title by major descision. His only loss was a 1 point loss to the 195 pound D1 runner up (who lost to Rashka in a competitive state finals match). Also if I'm not mistaken, Schlough (a 2x state champ who still has the chance to become a 4 timer) had only one loss that came in overtime  to a D1 state runner up as well. Schoenfuss is a 3 time state champ as well and has been very battle tested (I'm not too familiar with him, so I can't really go in much detail here)
Maybe I'm overreacting to this, I guess that I just find an issue with someone saying that these wrestlers wouldn't have nearly the same success if they were in D1. We all know D1 is (most of the time) the toughest division to succeed in, but let's not discount wrestlers just because they are from D2/3 schools. Great wrestlers are great wrestlers, PERIOD.

Yea so guys like Joles and Schoenherr wouldn't be able to compete at D1 level? Yea they might not have won state every year but they are big time wrestlers.

bman

I think any wrestler placing at Fargo/Flo/Super 32, would automatically jump to the top of the list over others that have not.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.