Start finals at a different weight class?

Started by Barou, March 01, 2016, 01:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

For awards sake, you'd have to wrestle the same weights at the same time. It would have been nice to have the Marko match at the end. I would hope that everyone would stay in their seats while he was up on the podium to get the medal around his neck for his fourth title.

I agree that it would be a cool social media thing to have people vote on which match was last.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

I think we have become so indoctrinated into the "reality television" entertainment model, that we are forgetting who these matches are actually for.  Before you know it, we'll be voting kids off the island ...er, mat.   ::)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

CoachZ

I've said in other posts about this topic. Do a random draw on the floor of the Kohl Center after the last semi final match. Bring in a former Wisconsin wrestling great, HS or college, and have them do the draw. Might keep people there for all the semi's too, just to see who is drawing and what weight. Can't hurt to try!

wrestler6

Coachz I agree with drawing the weight class to start.  Have always thought that.
Tyler

bigG

Quote from: imnofish on March 02, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
I think we have become so indoctrinated into the "reality television" entertainment model, that we are forgetting who these matches are actually for.  Before you know it, we'll be voting kids off the island ...er, mat.   ::)

"Andy, please pack your singlet, shoes and headgear; and go home."

Sounds good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

lizard king

Why?  if heavy's are use to going last keep it that way, why do we care if people leave?  They paid their money, leave if you want.  I like it if people in front leave so I can move down.

bigG

Good, then we start at 145 then hold our peace if people leave for the mosquito weights.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.