Starts today

Started by aarons23, December 05, 2013, 06:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

Well it's finally here!  Port starts off in Arrowhead tonight.  Not sure what to think, Arrowhead looks a little down this year so I believe Port will pull it off.  Then onto Luxemburg Casco for duals against Luxemburg, Freedom, Sheboygan Falls, Bay Port , Mosinee  and Arrow Head.  I believe Port will finish third and if they have a really good day then second. 

What's everyone else's week look like?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bkraus

Gtown comes to our place tonight and we go to the Nicolet Scramble on Saturday.  Meno Falls, Hartford, Nicolet, Riverside, Sheboygan North, Mishicot, Wausau East, South Milwaukee, Racine Park and us will be there.  They did a good job at toughening up this tourney.  Should be a good day of wrestling.

Good luck to all this season.
Strive for Perfection

EIUwrestler1

Cedarburg has Milwaukee Lutheran tonight, then goes to the Gun Slinger on Saturday against Delevan Darien, Kewaskum, Homestead, Burlington, Martin Lutheran, Milwaukee Lutheran, Waukesha West, Johnson Creek, West Bend East, Racine Horlick, and Slinger.

And my wife is already sick of wrestling talk, going to be a long year for one of us.

bkraus

Quote from: EIUwrestler1 on December 05, 2013, 08:27:20 AM
Cedarburg has Milwaukee Lutheran tonight, then goes to the Gun Slinger on Saturday against Delevan Darien, Kewaskum, Homestead, Burlington, Martin Lutheran, Milwaukee Lutheran, Waukesha West, Johnson Creek, West Bend East, Racine Horlick, and Slinger.

And my wife is already sick of wrestling talk, going to be a long year for one of us.

Good luck in your first dual with Cedarburg.  Maybe we should start a NSC coach's wives support group!  lol
Strive for Perfection

coastguard

Port wins tonight 45-19 over Arrowhead

Drivingforce

Quote from: coastguard on December 05, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
Port wins tonight 45-19 over Arrowhead
Well done PW! Any word on on how the matches played out?

aarons23

Good first dual.  Arrowhead is a little down this year but very well coached.  High lights of the night were Andy Fidler with a pin at heavy, Jordan Clark with a tech fall at 170( I think he will make a statement this year), Alex Masters with a come from behind over time win , wrestling up two weight classes, and Noah Rosado with a pin.

For Arrowhead all three Ydes looked good, especially Kalvin at 138, as well as their 195# kid whose name escapes me???please forgive me.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

buc65

Quote from: bkraus on December 05, 2013, 08:19:14 AM
Gtown comes to our place tonight and we go to the Nicolet Scramble on Saturday.  Meno Falls, Hartford, Nicolet, Riverside, Sheboygan North, Mishicot, Wausau East, South Milwaukee, Racine Park and us will be there.  They did a good job at toughening up this tourney.  Should be a good day of wrestling.

Menomonee Falls sends their JV to Nicolet.

bkraus

Whitefish Bay 41 Germantown 33

120  Jimmy Nguyen (Germantown) won by pin over Justin Weil (Whitefish Bay) 5:16.
126  Jack Ludke (Whitefish Bay) won by decision over Dante Beal (Germantown) 4-3.  
132  Waymon McNeil (Germantown) won by pin over Andy Oates (Whitefish Bay) 1:42.
138  Miguel Gomez (Whitefish Bay) won by major decision over Dakotah Barnes (Germantown) 18-5.  
145  Jack Plale (Whitefish Bay) won by pin over Sam Haferkorn (Germantown) 4:56.
152  Tommy Nelson (Germantown) won by pin over Jamal Brown (Whitefish Bay) 1:51.
160  Joe Lehrmann (Whitefish Bay) won by pin over Landon Valenta (Germantown) 2:54.  
170  Ben Lehrmann (Whitefish Bay) won by pin over Chandler Langmann (Germantown) 1:51.  
182  Ed Dixon (Whitefish Bay) won by pin over Hunter Valenta (Germantown) 4:29.  
195  Steve Meyer (Whitefish Bay) won by pin over Jarrod Welnek (Germantown) 1:55.  
220  Joe Beck (Whitefish Bay) won by major decision over David Nilles (Germantown) 13-2.  
285  Hunter Higginbothan (Germantown) won by forfeit over Unknown (Unattached)  
106  Zack Szohr (Germantown) won by pin over Cooper Fergus (Whitefish Bay) 3:30.
113  Joe Lutz (Germantown) won by decision over Jonah Nelson (Whitefish Bay) 4-3.
Strive for Perfection

bkraus

Quote from: buc65 on December 06, 2013, 08:14:27 AM
Quote from: bkraus on December 05, 2013, 08:19:14 AM

Menomonee Falls sends their JV to Nicolet.

They sent a mixed squad last.  Had a few starters at Nicolet.
Strive for Perfection

roadrunner

Looks like port needs to get back to practice room can't imagine bringing that team to cheesehead

CLC FAN

aarons23

Port will be fine.  It was a frustrating day from the stand point of winning duals.  We are still without two starters that are out from football injuries, one more was out today for precautionary reason and our heavy weight was gone on a college visit. Almost every one is wrestling up at least one weight classes and some are two up. We wrestled a great dual against Casco. It was tied going into last matches and we lost both in close matches.  Add our hvy and our other wrestler that was out today and we most likely win that dual.  Infact with both those young men in I believe we win 3 of the four duals we wrestle.

It's only the first weekend of the season....it's not how you start the season that counts but how you finish the season.  Yes there are things to work on.....yes we are disappointed but we also know what we are capable of.  We have two of the finest coaches in Angelo and Konitzer....they will have the boys peaking when they should be...not the first weekend of season.

It's very strenuous! 

coastguard

The Lux  tourney is always difficult.  This year is no different-perhaps tougher from top to bottom than ever before. Having a shot at beating Lux without out two starters out for the weekend is impressive.  Having two go undefeated on the day and two others with only one loss is not bad.  We have had state qualifiers go 0-5 in the past.  This team will keep getting better throughout the season.

CHS FAN

Cedarburg had a fantastic day at the Gun Slinger today. Sent 9 of 13(no 106) to the finals. Placed 5 at 1st. 4 at 2nd. 3 at 3rd. Won the meet beating  Burlington by 87.5. Jason Ips tournament MVP.