Propane Prices

Started by mickey, January 28, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

Propane guy stopped by today, price was $2.70/ gallon...good news is we only needed 100 gallons to be full.  We cut our propane use down by almost 2/3's. We burn wood all the time.  Plus this fill up will probally get us to at least May!
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: aarons23 on February 26, 2014, 10:55:51 AM
Propane guy stopped by today, price was $2.70/ gallon...good news is we only needed 100 gallons to be full.  We cut our propane use down by almost 2/3's. We burn wood all the time.  Plus this fill up will probally get us to at least May!

Hopefully, the lake ice will be gone by then, as well as the need to heat your house.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Nothing better than needing neither heat nor AC.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on March 02, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Nothing better than needing neither heat nor AC.

Looking forward to time at the lake.  Hope it comes sooner than last year and that I won't have to burn up 60 lbs. of propane again, due to cold nights.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Spent more on propane for the camper than I would have liked; but also caught some very nice fish.

Do most of you guys believe in (gill) bleeding the fish right away, as opposed to keeping it live for awhile?

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on March 02, 2014, 01:28:15 PM
Spent more on propane for the camper than I would have liked; but also caught some very nice fish.

Do most of you guys believe in (gill) bleeding the fish right away, as opposed to keeping it live for awhile?

I usually keep them in an aerated livewell, but if the water temperature is too high, I prefer to immediately ice them down in a cooler.  I've never found it necessary to bleed them, as these two methods have both yielded tasty fillets. 

bigG

Lately, I've been gillbleeding , then ice. Good meat.

Trout seem to benefit from this. When they're out of their element, they're dead, though.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on March 02, 2014, 02:31:03 PM
Lately, I've been gillbleeding , then ice. Good meat.

Trout seem to benefit from this. When they're out of their element, they're dead, though.

Yes, for trout that's a good idea.  It's been so long since I fished for them that it just slipped my mind.  Brings back distant memories of native brookies, caught on opening morning and cooked over an open fire with potatoes, onions, and eggs.  Stayed in a friend's old log cabin overlooking a trout stream up by Gordon.  Good times...