Propane Prices

Started by mickey, January 28, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Well they are wrong.

Excuses but you go ahead and believe that.

Propane is carried in a pressurized vessel (250 psi), bakken crude by rail isn't new.

Propane suppliers screwed up and it is going to get ugly, really ugly if we have another winter like this. We won't get caught up and the Cochin pipeline will be reversed and taken out of propane service. This pipe serves all of mn, Dakotas and parts of Iowa.

Handles II

So the NGPA is wrong?
I guess it's possible or they are lying. or you are wrong.
Could it be that tankers capable of being pressurized are being used for ND crude because of the demand for tankers?

bigoil

They are and can, we have used them for other products in 2008-2011. Nothing in the last two months has changed. Nothing has changed in regards to crude being railed, if anything there is a slight downturn.

I'm telling you it is excuses. The pipe is allocated too. (The pipe has been allocated for years).

Propane exported (this is going to be a huge issue and will effect our countries ability to export natural gas and maybe someday crude).

Drying season for Ag

Colder weather than most in the propane season have ever experienced. I'm guessing you have to be in your 60's to remember this. '96 had days as cold but not as sustained.

Handles II

If that's the case then howavi, I'll take your word on it. But call it what it is. Lying.

bigoil

Quote from: Handles II on February 02, 2014, 08:17:22 AM
If that's the case then howavi, I'll take your word on it. But call it what it is. Lying.

It's not a lie, just not the reason prices are high. Rail companies are also slow at changing out cars, not a lie but certainly not a new revelation.

mickey

Returned home from a wedding in Monroe this weekend to find that the gas man had cometh....I opened that puppy with resolute resignation only to discover that they honored the locked in price!  whew!!  Still not going to stop swinging that slitting maul. I used 40 percent less gas this month just by keeping old faithful cooking!

bigG

:) My favorite form of exercise. WHACK!! This time of year, the red oak just pops and falls apart (when it's not a knotted up chunk).
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Real men split only Chinese elm...   with a dull butter knife.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

mickey

Quote from: imnofish on February 04, 2014, 12:07:45 PM

...done that too  ;)  problem is that in my woods I only have Oak Hickory and Cherry. The elms are all gone  :(

imnofish

Quote from: mickey on February 05, 2014, 05:17:37 PM

...done that too  ;)  problem is that in my woods I only have Oak Hickory and Cherry. The elms are all gone  :(

LONG gone...    :'(
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Quote from: mickey on February 05, 2014, 05:17:37 PM

3 out of 4 aaaiiin't bad. Oak Blight might be the next real scary ordeal. I worry about our trees.

My pal was down to a campground down by you, Mick, and the owner told him not to bring any of his own (lives around here)because of the laws on moving firewood. No sweat, I can find wood almost anywhere. He get's there and they'll only sell him their wood which was cut, splt and dried at a seller right by our homes. Even had the label of the seller on it.

I never paid for firewood. If the campground got woods, it got firewood in 'em. Place I still go in the summer, I'll bring my saw and the owner will even help out. He's got more dry standing pines. Git 'em out of the way. We're responsible with our fires, though.

I like my red oak for heat, though. 76 degrees right now. Better stoke 'er up a notch.  ;)

mickey

yep Red Oak aged two years is the best...it splits really well in this weather. When my muscles start to ache I "pick" on a little cherry to "cool down". I 've managed to cut my propane bill in half this month which isn't any mean feat..

bigG

I find one year is fine if the tree has been dead/dying.

mickey

Spent the afternoon splitting Hickory....wasn't much of a work out the whole time I was thinking that I should be in a gym somewhere......

bigG

If it's fresh it's scary tough. My biggest nemesis is elm. My neighbor still has one or two big ones alive, but one died four years ago, and two years ago we took it down. I waited 'til they came by with the splitter after trying to wedge and sledge it. Love hickory, wonderful wood. Burns probably the hottest of all in this climate. A buddy of mine had one down by his fenceline and just wanted it gone. I obliged. Great wood, there. Too bad they have to get old and die. I love hickory nuts. The shells are good for smoking meat.

Red oak is my main heater. But I ain't fussy come mid march. :)