ahhhh Todd, what co line road we talking?  :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Thanks for the concerns, I am fine 1/2 ton pick up truck the deer came off a golf course (as in wide open) right along the county road wide open except for steep hill leading up to my lane and two trees guess what two trees she came out from behind. She came out low to the ground I hit the brakes for a nano second thats ALL the time I had. Ticks me off I take pride in spotting deer before they come onto the to the road. Ramjet-0 Deer-0 looks like a tie. Wanted to donate the meat to the pantry but it was really bad, hit her doing 50 MPH.

Well I took the rest of the afternoon off and took the truck apart and the plastic that holds the head lights and directionals all toast, right front fender is toast and subframe around the radiator has to be pulled back forward. Have to replace the lower directional assembly and running light assembly. Head Light assembly is OK. Other than that everything else looks to be OK no radiator damage and or frame other than the subframe for the radiator.

bigG

Quote from: Todd on October 21, 2013, 02:01:12 PM
Quote from: ramjet on October 21, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
Not more than hour ago I rearranged my plow truck front end and put a deer out of commission. They are out even in the middle of the day. Now I have work to do on that truck to get the front end plastic replaced. It is just plow truck for me but the damage was substantial and on that particular truck I only carry liability it is an older 2004 truck I use to go to the dump and plow snow with. Right front fender toast, all the plastic under the grill toast, headlights passenger side toast. Gotta take fender off and see what else is toast it is pushed into the passenger door so the frame work supporting the fender toast.

Deer...................TOAST

Watch out for the critters.

Glad you're ok that's the important part.  I love "watching out" for deer in my back yard and sometimes right in my front.  I love where I live, I get the best of both worlds close to urban area and close to rural scenery.  I do know that it's only a matter of time before I take one of those critters out on County Line Road though.  They are all over the place by me.

Racine Milwaukee county line. Used to fish and swim at the little lake with all the warning signs now on it. Johnson Wax waste site. Can't wait to grow some tentacles.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jaguarwrestler

give rockauto a look for parts, they are pretty cheap, just picked up front brakes and rotors for my 07 Equinox for under $100 they do have a selection of exterior body parts

my company sells used factory parts and new aftrmarket
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

maggie

so, ya cut the straps out?...

littleguy301

Glad to hear your alright ram.

I have been on the lookout since I have been driving my 02 saturn. Not the best car for deer hits.

I did hit a work horse with my Suszki Samuri years back. I also hit a mule with a 03 sport trac. Lots of damage to say the least.

Just glad to hear your alright Ram.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

Thanks LG....................you fit in a Samuri? :o

ocwrestler

Quote from: bigG on October 21, 2013, 03:35:35 PM
Quote from: Todd on October 21, 2013, 02:01:12 PM
Quote from: ramjet on October 21, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
Not more than hour ago I rearranged my plow truck front end and put a deer out of commission. They are out even in the middle of the day. Now I have work to do on that truck to get the front end plastic replaced. It is just plow truck for me but the damage was substantial and on that particular truck I only carry liability it is an older 2004 truck I use to go to the dump and plow snow with. Right front fender toast, all the plastic under the grill toast, headlights passenger side toast. Gotta take fender off and see what else is toast it is pushed into the passenger door so the frame work supporting the fender toast.

Deer...................TOAST

Watch out for the critters.

Glad you're ok that's the important part.  I love "watching out" for deer in my back yard and sometimes right in my front.  I love where I live, I get the best of both worlds close to urban area and close to rural scenery.  I do know that it's only a matter of time before I take one of those critters out on County Line Road though.  They are all over the place by me.

Racine Milwaukee county line. Used to fish and swim at the little lake with all the warning signs now on it. Johnson Wax waste site. Can't wait to grow some tentacles.

I can't believe somebody else on here fished at "toxic pond". That place is awesome fishing. Illegal but awesome. The only ticket I ever got was there, trespassing $275. The sheriff talked to us about fishing the entire time he was writing the ticket, mostly to make sure we were't eating them. I believe wraslfan's kid fished there when he was in school as well.....I'm shocked someone else knows about that place on here.

wraslfan

Yep, he and his friends went swimming there too. To my knowledge they didn't eat any of the fish, but it would explain a lot if they did!  ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on October 21, 2013, 09:33:05 PM
Thanks LG....................you fit in a Samuri? :o

Over 20 years ago, yes I did but it was tight ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

I'm only 5'9" and 220, and I drove my girlfriend's (back in the day) now and again, and that thing was cramped and rode like a Flintstone car. Looked cool, though.

Easy roll, though, you're lucky.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigoil

Ram,

You have any bigger deer up there? Moose, etc?

Todd

Quote from: maggie on October 21, 2013, 02:24:03 PM
ahhhh Todd, what co line road we talking?  :o

Cty Line Road that separates Brown Deer/Mequon.  Milwaukee Cty and Ozaukee.
"This page intentionally left blank".

maggie

something about them town line roads that seem to attract deer... ;)....I hunt the Rock/Jefferson....are ya near Colgate? or on the other side of 41/45? 

DrSnide

Quote from: maggie on October 22, 2013, 11:43:58 AM
something about them town line roads that seem to attract deer... ;)....I hunt the Rock/Jefferson....are ya near Colgate? or on the other side of 41/45? 

Just wait by the deer crossing signs, the deer have to cross the road there so they come right up to you. ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso