Snow day growth allowance

Started by beastmode, February 22, 2022, 07:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmode

How does a snow day tomorrow impact the growth allowance for the state tournament? If a school gets canceled, do all divisions get an extra pound for Thursday weigh ins?
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: beastmode on February 22, 2022, 07:21:13 PM
How does a snow day tomorrow impact the growth allowance for the state tournament? If a school gets canceled, do all divisions get an extra pound for Thursday weigh ins?
I sure hope not. But, it's a good question.

beastmode

Ashland School District got dumped on the past 24 hours, 28". They have already cancelled school and all extra curricular activities for Wednesday. Defoe is a state qualifier for Ashland, I would think this might fall into that extra pound category, but I am not sure. Any officials on here?
Steve Prefontaine

beastmode

Quote from: madeyson on February 22, 2022, 08:06:52 PM
I thought - they would get the extra pound on Thursday, but not Friday - essentially getting the Friday 1 lb a day early.

My opinion...The rule states that they should get an extra pound, however no more than 2lbs for consecutive day tournaments. So...they would either get 1lb Thursday and another on Friday but not Saturday, or 1lb on Thursday and Friday but nothing on Saturday. Hmmm?
Steve Prefontaine

TomM

Where is this 'rule' that is being referred to?
Please indicate where this can be found.
Proceed with caution until you see this come directly from the WIAA.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Good question for the WIAA on this. I certainly hope this athlete can get out of Ashland and down to the state meet!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imwi

Quote from: TomM on February 22, 2022, 09:03:48 PM
Where is this 'rule' that is being referred to?
Please indicate where this can be found.
Proceed with caution until you see this come directly from the WIAA.

I removed all my posts from this thread. I was in no way trying to give guidance, I thought it was more of a "what do you think" scenario.  As Tom states, I would contact the WIAA not this site for the official ruling.

That being said, please let us know what the end result is.  Thank you

beastmode

I agree that this was just a conversation and by no means guidance.  Hopefully the ADs and coaches will get some guidance tomorrow morning from the WIAA.
Steve Prefontaine

rmk12175

Looks like a 5 lb growth allowance from what I saw on track last night.  Bet that made some wrestlers happy.

Houndhead

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 22, 2022, 09:05:13 PM

Good question for the WIAA on this. I certainly hope this athlete can get out of Ashland and down to the state meet!

They got the dogsled hooked up!!