Badger Conference Ranking 2019-2020 Season

Started by Takedown Bro, December 11, 2019, 11:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takedown Bro

Not sure if this has been done before but I'm thinking of starting our own Conference Team and Weight rankings.  I will start posting the weight rankings today, but would like help from the forum as well.  Please message me any thoughts you have on who should be ranked.  Also I'm going to base the wrestlers weights on what they are currently wrestling in.

Thanks in advance

downtown

Not a bad idea and it could be fun.  But it seems that most guys on this conference site just throw stuff against that wall and see what sticks for their weekly picks.  So I can't see this being very insightful.  Most people that pick weekly on here are either from the north or south and it seems they do very little homework on which team will win cross conference and just go off of the current "hot/feel good" team or off of past years success.

Takedown Bro

Thanks and I'm just trying to get more chatter going as we have one of the best & tough conferences around IMO. 

Takedown Bro

Here are the ranking going into week 2 of the wrestling season: (Please send me messages with any suggestions as I'm doing this for fun and enjoyment for our great conference)

Week 2 Rankings (Top 3 with some Honorable Mentions)

1. Riley Nilo -Milton
2. Chase Beckett -Portage
3. Kyler Neuberger -Beaver Dam
HM Jack Dubach -Monroe
HM Jaxon Pernot -Mount Horeb
HM Dylan Miller -Reedsburg

1. Royce Nilo -Milton
2. Chase Shortreed -DeForest
3. Chance Suddeth -Stoughton
HM Sawyer Brandenburg -Fort Atkinson

1. Oscar Wilkowski -Watertown
2. Kolby Heinz -Waunakee
3. Ryan Schneider -Reedsburg

1. Nicolar Rivera -Stoughton
2. Edward Wilkowski -Watertown
3. Dawson Enge -Sauk Prairie

1. Nick Schweitzer -Waunakee
2. Walker Wichman -Watertown
3. Hunter Kieliszewski -Milton

1. Brandon Jesse -Baraboo
2. Trenton Dow -Stoughton
3. Caden Fry -Reedsburg
HM Michael Schliem -Oregon

1. Jessie Tijerina -Portage
2. Eli Davidson -Baraboo
3. Braysen Ellis -Waunakee
HM Nick Coplien

152 (Deepest Weight)
1. Gavin Model -Stoughton
2. Lowell Arnold -Portage
3. Berhett Statz -Waunakee
HM Garrett Schinker -Reedsburg
HM Zachary Gunderson -MGM

1. Luke Mechler -Stoughton
2. Brody Hemaner -Deforest
3. Carlos Chavez -Baraboo
HM Kaden Reuterskiold -Reedsburg
HM Cooper King -Oregon

1. Patrick Rielly -Monroe
2. Aiden Estes -Baraboo
3. Colton Grindle -Waunakee
HM James Brown -Beaver Dam

1. Alex Witt -Monroe
2. John Gunderson -Baraboo
3. Thomas Witkins -Fort Atkinson
HM Brandt Spilde -Stoughton
HM Ian Wendt-Utrie -Beaver Dam

1. Ben Florencio -Baraboo
2. Marcus Hankins -Sauk Prairie
3. Rudy Detweller -Stoughton

1. Brooks Empey -Stoughton
2. Tyson Fry -Baraboo
3. Austin Rider -Sauk Prairie
HM Mike Gutoski -Fort Atkinson

1. Bodie Minder -Monroe
2. Kristian Schlicht -MGM
3. Griffin Empey -Stoughton
HM Connor Warren -Sauk Prairie

Takedown Bro

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on December 11, 2019, 01:26:02 PM
Quote from: Takedown Bro on December 11, 2019, 01:19:00 PM
Here are the ranking going into week 2 of the wrestling season: (Please send me messages with any suggestions as I'm doing this for fun and enjoyment for our great conference)

Week 2 Rankings (Top 3 with some Honorable Mentions)

1. Riley Nilo -Milton
2. Chase Beckett -Portage
3. Jack Dubach -Monroe
HM Dylan Miller -Reedsburg

1. Chase Shortreed -DeForest
2. Chance Suddeth -Stoughton
3. Kyler Neuberger -Beaver Dam
HM Matt Haldiman -Milton

1. Royce Nilo -Milton
2. Oscar Wilkowski -Watertown
3. Sawyer Brandenburg -Fort Atkinson

1. Nicolar Rivera -Stoughton
2. Edward Wilkowski -Watertown
3. Kolby Heinz -Waunakee
HM Dawson Enge -Sauk Prairie

1. Nick Schweitzer -Waunakee
2. Walker Wichman -Watertown
3. Hunter Kieliszewski -Milton

1. Brandon Jesse -Baraboo
2. Trenton Dow -Stoughton
3. Caden Fry -Reedsburg
HM Michael Schliem -Oregon

1. Jessie Tijerina -Portage
2. Eli Davidson -Baraboo
3. Braysen Ellis -Waunakee
HM Nick Coplien

More to come..

Neuberger wrestled 106 and Brandenburg 113 last Saturday in Slinger.  Heinz wrestled 120 in Campbellsport.

Thanks and I will go back and adjust as I was going by the weight their wrestling in duals.  There are others that are doing back and forth in weights so thank you to all the are messaging me it has helped. 

Sudden Death

Thanks for doing this.  I sent you a message about a couple wrestlers. 

downtown

Here is some information for your rankings both team and individual.

Team Rankings, this is going off of what the teams will place at the conference tournament.

1. Stoughton.  They are the 2 time defending state team champions and this years team might be better than the team that scored the most points ever at the conference tournament   last season.  The are lead by Nicolar Rivera a state champ from last season.  Brooks Empey, Luke Mechler and Braeden Whitehead who have all been state runners up in the past 2 seasons.  Besides that they have Gavin Model and Brandt Spilde as returning state qualifiers.  The also have many other returning varsity wrestlers that will make a large impact on the team.  Rivera, Whitehead, Mechler, Model, and Empey are returning conference champions.  Five returning champions is nuts!  For a team to even have 5 champions at the combined tournament in its own right is amazing, but to return 5 is impressive.  This team is just amazing from 145 thru 220.  Braeden Whitehead hasn't wrestled yet but I am assuming he will be back at 145 this season at some point.

2.  Waunakee.  They have won a piece of the conference championship for the past 3 seasons.  They return 11 starters that took 2nd overall at the conference tournament.  Waunakee had an early season loss to Baraboo last week but rebounded well with winning 10 championships at the tournament the next day.  Waunakee usually starts out really slow with injuries and a quick turnaround with losing kids to the football state playoff run every year.  They will be lead by returning conference champions/state qualifiers Sam Lorenz and Colton Grindle along with returning state qualifier Kolby Heinz and state place finisher Berhett Statz.  They look to be very balanced from 106 thru 182 but very inexperienced in the upper 3 weights which has been a dominate part of their lineup for many years.  Colton Grindle hasn't wrestled yet because of a football injury but sounds like he will be back after the beginning of the year.  I assume he will be back at 170.

3.  Baraboo.  They beat Waunakee in a dual which is what you do when you have 12 returning varsity starters off of your regional lineup that you placed second as a team at regionals.  They are lead by returning state qualifiers Brandon Jesse, Carlos Chavez, John Gunderson (2 years ago) and Tyson Fry.  They also have a couple of other returners that have placed at sectionals and should push to go to state this year.  They are really strong from 138 thru 220 and are one of the few teams in the state that could give Stoughton a run for their money in that weight range.  106-132 and 285 doesn't have the late season success as the previous mentioned weights which will hurt them at the larger conference tournament.  Carlos Chavez is injured and hasn't wrestled yet but sounds like he will be back after the beginning of the year.  I assume he will be back at 152.

4.  Milton.  A day after Baraboo beat Waunakee Milton beat Baraboo and so goes the Badger conference.  Always a meat grinder!  Milton returns 11 starters off of last years team that took 5th at conference.  They are lead by returning conference champion/state place finisher Riley Nilo.  Milton has a very balanced lineup from top to bottom which will bode well for them in dual meets and will be a tough out.  Not a lot of hammers but good solid wrestlers from top to bottom.  Royce Nilo an incoming freshman should be pretty stout this year as well for Milton.

5.  Watertown.  Took 6th at last years conference tournament trailing Milton by .5 of a point.  Watertown returns 9 wrestlers off of last years squad.  They will be lead by Edward Wilkowski who was a conference runner up and a state runner up last season.  From 120 thru 152 Watertown is really good.  Their upper weights graduated a lot from last season and if they can fill those spots with solid kids they should be able to crack the top 5 in conference as a team.

Other teams that could push for top 5 in order are Monroe, Portage and Reedsburg.

Sudden Death

Solid information there, thanks for doing that.